• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

How to install the Slideshow and Video Templates (free and PRO)

#1 Gunther
Important! These templates are not supported and provided anymore, since Lightroom 5 does not support them. The is now a better way of rendering directly in LRTimelapse 3 - with much better quality!

Please check out my tutorial videos:
http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial

Take the easy route and forget about the rest in this thread.....

----------------------------------------------

Here is a step by step instruction how to install the Video and Slideshow Templates.
This applies to the free templates as well as for the PRO-templates.

1.) In Lightroom go to Edit -> Preferences
[Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2088648/web/img/presets_lr1.jpg]

2.) On the tab "Presets" click on "Shot Lightroom Presets Folder"
[Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2088648/web/img/presets_lr2.jpg]

3.) Open a second Explorer / Finder Window by double clicking on the downloaded archive with the templates, than drag the containing folders "Slideshow Templates" and "Video Templates" onto the "Lightroom" folder you located before.
[Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2088648/web/img/...s_drag.jpg]
If the templates folders not exist the will be created, if not you might get a message if you want to incorporate the new files into the persisting folders, say yes.
4.) This is what you get when finished:
[Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2088648/web/img/..._final.jpg]

Now close and reopen Lightroom and check if the templates are there:
1.) The Slideshow templates:
You will find them in the Slideshow modules under "User Templates"
[Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2088648/web/img/presets_lr3.jpg]
2.) The Video templates:
Please note that the video templates do not appear under "User Templates"! -
You will find them inside the Drop-Down-Box of the Video-Export-Dialog after cllicking on "Export Video":

[Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2088648/web/img/presets_lr4.jpg]

I hope I could help you with this detailed instructions.

TIP: If after installing the templates like described above they still don't appear in Lightroom, there is a trick: just "create" one template in the slideshow module on your own by clicking on the "+" beneath "Template Browser" - name it "test". Then close Lightroom and open again, now the templates should be visible. You can now delete the test template again (right mouse button).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 PaulWSmith
I am sorry, but after numerous attempts I have not been successful at installing the templates. While they are plainly visible in the Finder window in the correct location, they simply do not appear as "user presets" in Lightroom.

As you can tell I am now using a (brand new) MacBook Pro with OSX 10.8 and Lightroom 4, but also tried all day yesterday to load the Pro templates on my year-old iMac which is also running OS 10.8 and Lightroom 4 with same disappointing result. Is it possible that they are not working in 10.8?

By the way, where are the templates that come with the basic package. When I unzipped there was no file indicating basic templates.
#3 Gunther
(2012-08-21, 04:37)PaulWSmith Wrote: By the way, where are the templates that come with the basic package. When I unzipped there was no file indicating basic templates.
The basic templates are not included in the PRO package, so you would have to install them separately if you still want them (normally not needed at all).

Your install problems are really strange, normally people get along pretty well with this step-by-step instruction. No problems with your MacOS Version are known.
Maybe it could be an approach to create an arbitrary slideshow-template in Lightroom, name it and search for that name Finder to locate the directory where the Slideshow templates should go into.
#4 Columbarius
I originally screwed this up by not noticing that there are two sets of templates. One set goes to Video, and one set to Slideshow. I inadvertently placed everything in the video file and wondered why I couldn't see the presets. Durrr.... Anyhow all sorted now.

But posted this just in case there's anyone else out there as dumb as me
#5 hikkemikk
I have downloaded the demoversion lrt 2.1.1 for os x that I am using with Lightroom 4.2. How ever I cant get the templates installed. I have done drag and drop of the folders, and even tried the import function by right clicking the User Presets in develop mode. If I do this I get "The preset file was the wrong type of preset."

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Trond
#6 Gunther
Please do it exactly as described in this thread. Importing will not work!
#7 imjjill
(2012-11-28, 22:26)hikkemikk Wrote: I have downloaded the demoversion lrt 2.1.1 for os x that I am using with Lightroom 4.2. How ever I cant get the templates installed. I have done drag and drop of the folders, and even tried the import function by right clicking the User Presets in develop mode. If I do this I get "The preset file was the wrong type of preset."

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Trond

Make sure the "Store Presets with Catalog" box is unchecked in the Preferences dialogue.

If you haven't already figured it out, hope this helps!

JO
#8 cwtucker
I am having the same problem as Paul Smith. I bought LRtimelapse. I bought the pro templates. I followed the download instructions. my "user templates" are empty. but when i search thru the finder i see them all exactly where they are supposed to be on the hard drive, in the LR folder. I am on a mac 10.8.2 and LR4. what should i do now?

the exact path of where the templates are is:
lightroom -> slideshow -> user templates

but when i am in the "slideshow module"
on the left i have "template browser"
lightroom templates - is populated with various cropping functions
below that is "user templates" and it contains nothing

Help!
#9 Gunther
I'm not sure how it is on mac, but on windows the path is:

....\Lightroom\Slideshow Templates\User Templates

I assume on mac it is the same! Maybe it helps renaming the "slideshow" directory to "Slideshow Templates"

Normally when you install from my zip file the directories are contained, so such errors shouldn't happen if installed properly.
#10 cwtucker
[quote='gwegner' pid='8958' dateline='1360480267']
I'm not sure how it is on mac, but on windows the path is:

....\Lightroom\Slideshow Templates\User Templates

I assume on mac it is the same! Maybe it helps renaming the "slideshow" directory to "Slideshow Templates"

Ok, I was able to move the slideshow templates into the right place and now they show up. But i dont think the video presets are in the right place either. what is the correct path for them? right now they are:
lightroom -> video -> user presets ->

...also check out: