• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Getting an understanding of LR Time Lapse

#1 Julian Elliott
Hi there

I am trying to get my head around LR Time Lapse as I have three videos that have aperture flicker. I really need to sort them and found the software and various tutorials which has led me here.

My normal workflow is to:

1) Import images into Lightroom
2) Apply my develop settings
3) Export files into After Effects and render the time lapse

However, with the videos that have flicker do I have to remove all develop settings before importing into LR TL?

Do I do the necessary work in LR TL and then add the required develop settings afterwards in Lightroom?

getting very confused and could really do with some help as to where I am going wrong with all this.

I can't reshoot the TL as it was done in Venice.

Thanks for any help. Appreciate it a lot!

Julian
#2 Gunther
Please check the Tutorial videos in the Tutorial sections. You will have to follow the workflow and reedit the time lapse because you will lose your edits when initializing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Julian Elliott
Hi there

Thanks for the response.

Well, I removed the images from the Lightroom catalog and started again following the videos.

Unfortunately, the flicker is still there Sad

The sequence was shot during the middle of the day. There were two places where the exposure was adjusted. I've attached a screen grab of the sequence to illustrate it.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this? Going back to Venice to reshoot it doesn't exactly thrill me!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Julian Elliott
Fixed it!

I came across an issue whereby the metadata wasn't being applied properly. I found that by having the images selected; right clicking them and then applying or saving the metadata seemed to overcome my initial problem.

To get the exposure more even I also made use of the White Balance Selector in Lightroom to look at the RGB values of the keyframes. This enabled me to get a much more accurate exposure correction in the early stages.

Thanks for developing this. You've saved me a ticket to Venice!
#5 Gunther
Glad you figured it out!
Saving/Loading Metadata alwas has to be done from Library (grid view), otherwise LR will only apply it to one single photo regarles how many are selected.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Wink
#6 Julian Elliott
I'm glad I figured it out too!

When I was in Venice, I did 3 time lapse videos. All of them had problems. Hopefully I can now sort them. One of them is a Holy Grail one. It's the only one I've ever attempted so hopefully it can be fixed Big Grin

Again, very much appreciate what you've done!

...also check out: