• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reloading the metadata alters the changes made in LR6

#1 rrr_hhh

Hi I've got a noyous problem.

Using Windows 7 64bits and the last version of LR6  (with PSCS6 also installed). I do also have the last version of LRT4 installed. This succeed with a Sony A7r and arw raws.

Here is what I do :  
I load the data in a separate folder and include them in the lightroom catalog.
Then I open LRT4 and navigate to the directory where I have imported the series of pictures.  I let LRT4 load the pictures and EXIF data. Then I set two keyframes : just the beginning and the end (it is just clouds, no complicated sunset).
I save the metadata to the pictures.
I return to LR where I process my pictures as needed : color temp, tint, exposure, shadows etc. plus clarity plus sharpness and lens profile. Just basic things you do in LR. No local correction. Just cropping the pictures to 16x9.
I do the first and last picture in the series and check that the settings works with all the others pictures in the series. Then I synchronize all the pictures with the same developping values. And finally save the metadata to the files.

Then back to LRT, I reload the exif and the problems begin : I don't know where this happen, but the temperature and tint are changed for instance, the first 30 pictures are correct, but then instead of temp 5100, tint 4 I'll get 5850, 8. There will be a lot wrong color balance, then it is correct again.. then wrong again. It can change between just a few pictures or after a long series.

I make sure that I save the metadata in LR and reload in LRT4, but that doesn't work. In LR, the color balance is as I set it.

I'm on a Lenovo notebook and the files are stored on an USB3 external drive. I have a lot of memory. But the disk is a little slow.. not sure whether that can cause problems ?   Either LR isn't writing the metadata, or LRT is changing my settings.

Help welcomed !

#2 Gunther
You wouln't have those problems, I you were following my workflows.
There is a reason I write all that documentary. Please check it out: http://lrtimelapse.com/workflow and follow the workflow like it's intended.

In your case you forgot to load metadata in Lightroom after doing the first row in LRTimelapse. LRTimelapse will initialize WB with certain default values - normally, when you edit your keyframes you can set the desired WB, for example "as shoot" or a custom value.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rrr_hhh
Thank you !

I have updated from LRT3 and thought it would work in the same way, more or less. My error was not using the script to save the metadata of the keyframes.
Still, I don't understand why some pictures had the correct WB while other not, nor the logic of theses changes.

Sorry for the disturbance.
Some problem with metadata
janou
2017-05-28, 23:45
Last Post: janou

...also check out: