• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't get LRTL to run on Lion 10.7.3

#1 rolfe_tessem

I downloaded 1.7 and it ran last week just fine. In the meantime, I did the minor upgrade to Lion 10.7, bringing it to 10.7.3. Now I can't get LRTL to launch at all. The free memory on my Macbook Pro is reported as 1.76 gig on a 4 gig machine. I have lowered the memory in the plist file accordingly and still can't launch. Java is working correctly according to the test on Java.com.

Is is possible 10.7.3 broke something?

#2 rolfe_tessem
(2012-03-10, 22:11)rolfe_tessem Wrote: I downloaded 1.7 and it ran last week just fine. In the meantime, I did the minor upgrade to Lion 10.7, bringing it to 10.7.3. Now I can't get LRTL to launch at all. The free memory on my Macbook Pro is reported as 1.76 gig on a 4 gig machine. I have lowered the memory in the plist file accordingly and still can't launch. Java is working correctly according to the test on Java.com.

Is is possible 10.7.3 broke something?

Here is a little more information from the system log that seems to pinpoint the problem:

Mar 10 15:32:03 Rolfe-Tessems-Macbook-Pro com.apple.launchd.peruser.505[282] ([0x0-0x124124].lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp[4446]): posix_spawn("/Applications/LRTimelapse.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub", ...): Permission denied
Mar 10 15:32:03 Rolfe-Tessems-Macbook-Pro com.apple.launchd.peruser.505[282] ([0x0-0x124124].lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp[4446]): Exited with code: 1
#3 Gunther
Have you tried installing LRTimelapse again?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 rolfe_tessem
(2012-03-11, 12:05)gwegner Wrote: Have you tried installing LRTimelapse again?

Yes, absolutely. Several times.

If it weren't for the fact that I ran it successfully last week, I would think it was a memory issue but now I'm scratching my head.

I assume there is nothing more to the install than dragging it to the Applications folder, correct?
#5 Gunther
Yes. Something seems strange on your system... I honestly have no idea, sorry...
#6 rolfe_tessem
(2012-03-11, 18:35)gwegner Wrote: Yes. Something seems strange on your system... I honestly have no idea, sorry...

I'm travelling now, but will put it on my desktop Mac when I get home -- much more memory there.

In the meantime, I'll investigate further whether there is some java or permissions issue.
#7 Gunther
Good luck. Please keep me posted.
#8 rolfe_tessem
(2012-03-11, 22:47)gwegner Wrote: Good luck. Please keep me posted.

Found the answer in another thread.

sudo chmod 777 /Applications/LRTimelapse.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub
#9 Gunther
I'm glad that helped for you too. I'm still a bit confused what caused the problem, but again - I'm no Mac expert...
#10 rolfe_tessem
(2012-03-12, 18:10)gwegner Wrote: I'm glad that helped for you too. I'm still a bit confused what caused the problem, but again - I'm no Mac expert...

Apparently that file needed different (increased) permissions to run. Working like a champ now and I'm rendering my first effort at a sunset as I type this.

Thanks!

...also check out: