• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Interaction of LRT3 Pro and LR 5

#1 TobiasBaumi
Dear Guenther .. i recently purchased LRT 3 professional and it created within my library/.../adobe folder (mac) a few folders containing things such as license agreement and add-ons of LRT3... now i added lightroom 5 to my computer and somehow they seems not to work that well together .. for example... NONE of the filters you mention in your tutorials are available within my lightroom 5 (the LRT 3 folders are not located within my lightroom folder (if that was the intention) they are actually subfolders of the adobe folder rather than the LR5 folder ) also my lightroom 5 (i went step by step) doesn't seem to transfer the information into LRT3 ..( e.g: exposure curve changes but actual image doesn't).. i got a few problems like this and i was wondering if that could be caused by installing LRT3 first and LR5 second ..if yes ...( and also if no Smile) if i would delete LRT3 from my computer and reinstall it ... would that count as 1 of 2 uses as it is still the same computer or can i reinstall LRT3 PRO as many times as i want on the same computer as long as i have my license key (meaning ... am i limited by the times i can reuse that pro version code for LRT3) and would i have to register my code again or would LRT3 see i have the license for LRT3 pro... i mean what if i would have to clean my HD (fully wipe it) regularly ... lets say 4 times a year ... and i have to reinstall LRT3 after each wipe... would i have only 2 times the possibility of reusing the pro version key or can i as i said above do endless installations and reuses of the product key if it is the same computer

One of the warning messages i receive in LRT3 are things such as: Adobe DNG converter could not be found on your system...

one of the warning messages i receive quite frequently in LR5 during my working with LRT 3 is this messages:
[/DynamicLinkMediaServer701/releases/2013.03/shared/adobe/MediaCore/ASL/Foundation/Make/Mac/../../Src/DirectoryRegistry.cpp-283]

I tried posting the folders such as : export or filter presets.. into the lightroom folder (copy paste) but that did not change anything ( as this worked for another guy on this forum)

Thank you
#2 Gunther
I think, something on your install is really messed up.
Just try unintalling everything. Install Lightroom 5.
Then install the LRT Addons via Double Click on the Addons-installer, follow the procedure.
Then just drag LRTimelapse 3 to your applications folder.
Don't mess with the library/../adobe folders, that's not necessary at all!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 TobiasBaumi
Thanks a lot for the fast reply...

So, does that mean that i have the possibility of multiple use of my pro. license (it wont just deactivate after my third or forth re-installation) ? ( in german: kann ich meine professionelle lizens immer wieder benutzen solange ich sie auf einem von 2 computern benutze? ) .. so sorry to bother you with this, I just want to make sure that i am not carelessly throwing my license in the wind ... Smile

PS: despite my problems, think its an awesome program and i appreciate you putting all the hard work into it, thanks ..

Thanks for your help again
#4 Gunther
Yes, all good, don't worry. The Licese is a license for 2 computers and it will not stop working.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: