• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is 1 keyframe really OK?

#1 richparry
I've been using LRT for years (versions 1, 2, 3 and now 4). When I used LRT 1,2, or 3 on non-HG time lapse, the key frame wizard has always suggested a minimum of 2 key frames.

Using LRT version 4, the key frame wizard now almost always suggests only 1 key frame. I know I can override this and generate any number of key frames, but after years of post processing 2 or more key frames, I find it weird to have just 1 key frame.

I completely understand the number of key frames is based on exposure fluctuations so the number of key frames varies. I'm not complaining or looking to do more post processing than I have to, I just find it weird.

Do others find they often need only post process 1 key frame for non-HG sequences? Out of habit, I continue to post process a minimum of 2 images.

Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#2 Gunther
Hi Rich,
if you have sequences shot under the same conditions, sometimes you just don't need to animate the develop settings at all, then one keyframe will just be fine. But please consider, that the suggested number of keyframes is based on a rather simple algorithm, that's why you have the slider to set the number according to your liking. I mostly overwrite the suggested number and decide on my own, how many keyframes I'd need.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: