• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issue with Lightroom video preset?

Tongue
#1 skyml
[Video: http://www.vimeo.com/37006595]

Ok... this is weird.

Shot this clip on my Dynamic Perception Stage Zero (stock) using my Canon 7D and a Sigma EX 30mm f/1.4 lens in natural light.

The move was set to shoot 403 frames using "shoot-move-shoot." There was a 1 second interval between shots and I was shooting 1/300 sec @ f/8.0 ISO 100 fixed settings and manual focus (no auto anything).

Edited sequence in Adobe Lightroom 3.6 using the LRTimelapse video preset of 1080p UHQ30.

Can't figure out what is causing the weird shifting pattern in the clip
#2 Gunther
Hi Skyml,
can't see any problems - plays normally for me.
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 skyml
(2012-02-19, 14:58)gwegner Wrote: Hi Skyml,
Best
Gunther

You have to watch it in full screen... pay attention to the verticle brown rusty patches - they shift around in a weird way. Posted this in some other forums and some ideas think it is a compression difference in the camera but I shot these in RAW. Others thought it was the shutter speed being too fast - don't get that one. I will try to edit it in some other programs - perhaps is a problem in the video compression.
#4 Porfa
(2012-02-19, 21:49)skyml Wrote:
Best
Gunther

You have to watch it in full screen... pay attention to the verticle brown rusty patches - they shift around in a weird way. Posted this in some other forums and some ideas think it is a compression difference in the camera but I shot these in RAW. Others thought it was the shutter speed being too fast - don't get that one. I will try to edit it in some other programs - perhaps is a problem in the video compression.

i can see it too, but i believe this is a codec / compression problem, does it appear on the original video or just online version?
on the original video(exported one), you could edit it that particular part of the frames and see how the compressor handles it visualy
i think you see it changing like every couple of frames (the vertical brown rust lines) because those are keyframes so it updates the whole frame it doesn't drag the information from previous frame towards the next one.
since that might actually be the case, the way to fool the codec is to add more contrast or filter to that particular area.

i hope this was helpfull, sry for any broken english!
#5 skyml
(2012-06-27, 04:03)Porfa Wrote:
(2012-02-19, 21:49)skyml Wrote:
Best
Gunther

i can see it too, but i believe this is a codec / compression problem, does it appear on the original video or just online version?
on the original video(exported one), you could edit it that particular part of the frames and see how the compressor handles it visualy
i think you see it changing like every couple of frames (the vertical brown rust lines) because those are keyframes so it updates the whole frame it doesn't drag the information from previous frame towards the next one.
since that might actually be the case, the way to fool the codec is to add more contrast or filter to that particular area.

i hope this was helpfull, sry for any broken english!

Thanks for the input.... the error is in the original video. But I'll try re-encoding the video using some of your suggestions. thanks for the feedback!
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: