• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

issues with basic workflow, does not work

#1 jazzpur
the visual workflow would not work on my pc, it freezes....i discussed in another post 

to keep things simple ive switched to jpgs and basic workflow.... im doing no keyframing, only deflickering

when i generate deflicker then hit APPLY....i see the red  deflicker graph opposing the lum graph, from the original preview the graphs show lrtimelapse is calculating something that appears functional...

so i save XMP metadata and exit the program, i check the image folder now, there is now a .lrt file folder within the image folder.....ok good looks like something is working.

now i open the images in lightroom, from library gridview i ctrlA, select ALL...........then i "read metadata from files"....i wait for it to load in

....the images do not seem to change AT ALL, they just refresh to the same images they already were

when i scroll from image 1 to image 2 in the folder after "reading", i still see the same changes in exposure as there was originally
the metadata is not being "read"

just for the sake of trying, i export the images after "reading metadata from file" and establish a new exported image folder

now i load the new post processed folder into lrtimelapse and all the lumitri values are exactly the same as the original.
none of the deflickering is loading via metadata

it does not matter how much i raise the deflicker filter, none of the metadata translates into lightroom for export

i can not figure this out ive been trying things for hours

if you can help me with basic workflow id greatly appreciate it

my post processed image sequences are the same as the originals
#2 Gunther
First I'd like to say that I'd love to get you going with the visual workflow - maybe you could point me out to that post you are referring to?

Basic workflow should work with simple deflicker too. But don't expect the deflicker values to be visible in "Exposure" in Lightroom, the won't. Because they will get applied on a background layer that you cannot see on a Lightroom tool.

I'd recommend, that you follow the advices given in this faq post, especially the troubleshooting section at the bottom. Then let me know.
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-keyf...vise-versa
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jazzpur
that post of visual lum was here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-prev...-cr2-files
if you have any other info on that, please address in that post. i gave up on the raw workflow

as for the basic workflow...the jpg sequences still flicker after post process export in lightroom via lrtimelapse plugin

when i load the newly exported "deflickered" folder into lrtimelapse just to check if it worked....the lum previews look exactly the same as the orignal

nothing is changing, whether its in the background or not, once i export new sequence it should change the files internally.

the fixed files in a new export folder look exactly the same as the original...
#4 jazzpur
does it matter whether the export was done directly form lightroom full JPG exporter?? or does it need to be to be exported from the lightroom LRTplugin jpg exporter?

does the "background" information require LRT plugin exporter to translate?
#5 Gunther
The problem that we figured out in the other thread, that Exiftool was blocked by something on your system is a general problem, that will affect the overall performance of LRTimelapse. Any other problems are possible, if Exiftool doesn't work, since LRTimelapse heavily relies on ExifTool for various tasks.
So even if you switch to a jpg workflow, most likely your log file is full with errors.
I'd suggest that we continue try to sort that out then you will be able to use any workflow in LRTimelapse.
Please let's continue in that thread. I've already given you a suggestion there how to check, if exiftool is working.
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-prev...-cr2-files
Just to make this clear: this is not a problem, any other LRT user has ever reported. It's definitely something going wrong on your system.
#6 jazzpur
ive gotten this program to function on a slower PC

the basic workflow does not work, none of the deflicker changes get applied when using a jpg workflow and following the basic workflow directions exactly

the outputted export, still flickers, and the lum graph after all of the stages of processing is still the same as the orignal.

ive tested this against the process with raw files and the visual workflow, The visual workflow works
the basic workflow does not work

please test on your systems to confirm ive found a bug
#7 Gunther
I've just tried once more on a jpg sequence - (I don't use the basic workflow frequently, so just in case) - it works perfectly for me.
I've already pointed you to a faq thread that helps you to identify step by step what's going on. Please try that to follow that advices to figure out what's going on. Follow the advices and do the simple tests outlined there to see, if the metadata travels between the programs and if not, why.
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-keyf...vise-versa

...also check out: