• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issues with holy grail

#1 steinardo
I've gone through the visual workflow number of times now with this sequence, but for some reason the HG wizard appear not do to the job. I'm fairly confident that I've done the process right, I've done it many times by now, but its the first time in 4.0.3.

As you can see the visual preview is revealing that all the step changes are still present. See attachments.

Any good clues for me here?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 tylerbliss
I aint havin luck either. using gradients seems to mess things up. I think this software has to be followed exactly as advertised or it won't work properly.
#3 Gunther
If the Holy Grail adjustments do not get applied, most likely something with the correction gradients went wrong. Make sure to always use the sync script provided in the scripts menu and not use lightrooms copy/paste or synchronize, since this will remove the adjustments.

If you work with gradients or circular filters: make sure to use only the ones created by LRTimelapse, do not add new ones or delete existing ones.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 steinardo
I have done as you suggest, although I had to use the LR sync once as the LRT script did not sync the crop. Why?

It is better, but as you can see it is still a lot of zigzag left - would you still expect to have this much flicker left - see attachment?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#5 Gunther
That looks much better, the residual zig zag will be compensated by the visual deflicker.

You are right, the crop unfortunately cannot be synced programmatically (unfortunately Adobe does not allow do do this). For that one you would have to use Lightrooms sync, but make sure that only the crop is checked then. I've explained this in my tutorials too.
#6 tylerbliss
I notice I only have a 5 point gradient, where is the lrtimelapse gradient located?
#7 Gunther
What is a 5-point gradient?
The 4 linear gradients that LRT create will be normally visible in the vertical center of the image, if you didn't crop too much. If you don't see all of them, try making the crop larger.
#8 tylerbliss
I've been getting 5 dots on my gradient instead of four. I clicked initialize in lrt before I did anything else. not sure if the extra gradient matters.
#9 Gunther
You should get 4 visible gradients. Maybe you could try initializing again and then load metadata into Lightroom. Then check again.
It should look like this:
[Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2088...htroom.jpg]

...also check out: