• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

Java Crashes Win 10 64 bit

#1 peanut82
Hello,

I have looked through many posts and cannot fix my problem. 

I have Windows 10 64bit, 8gb ram trying to run LRTimelapse 4 but it is so unstable that java crashes after I select a folder and it being up for a few minutes.

I have tried using Java 8 & 7 bla bla bla as you keep recommending.

I have paid good money for this software and quite frankly it's not delivering.

Please help, I find it unacceptable that you charge a premium for unstable software, which if it worked would be epic, but as it stands it so sh***y I wish i'd never bought it.

Help!
#2 Gunther
I can assure you that LRTimelapse itself is not unstable on Windows 10/64. I use it myself on that environment and lots of users do too. I'd like to help you, but the question ist, what is causing those instabilities. LRTimelapse itself runs in a closed environment inside the java virtual machine.
If LRTimelapse really had a bug, we would see it in the LRTimelapse logfile. So please try to send me the logfile after it crashes on your system. You'll find the log in: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\LRTimelapse\LRTimelapse.log

As I already explained in the other post, it might be that Java itself has some incompatibilities with other drivers or software on your system. In this case LRTimelapse does not crash, it's the Java environment that crashes. Then the questions would be, why does that happen. Most likely it's a driver or something else interferring on your system. This would then affect any Java program, not only LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 AlejandroSaf
have the same prob
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
I'm working on it. I will have a look via Skype on one of those computers that show that problem and let you know then. Please give me some days.
#5 peanut82
In parallel I will clean install Windows 10, I've backed everything up, will try this tonight, if that doesn't work I will do a complete reformat and reinstall of Windows 10.
#6 Gunther
I'd suggest you wait until I've analysed this before you clear your whole system. I hope that by the beginning of next week I will know more.
#7 Gunther
I'll close this thread now, since it's a duplicate of this one: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-java...it-windows
Please follow up there.

...also check out: