• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

JPEG Preview in LR doesn't load by itself

#1 Stephan
Hi all!

After making the Auto Transition in LRT and loading the Meta Data of all images of the sequence in LR the previews don't change automatically. They only change when I scroll through the thumbnails in my LR Library. Is there any way to make this process automatically and most of all: faster? On my Windows PC everything went fine. But with the new LRT3 version and my new iMac things seem to be a bit slower and the JPEG preview doesn't load automatically throughout the entire library. 32GB of RAM should be enough. And the installation of all the legally bought programs went fine too. Any suggestions?

I attached a screenshot that shows the problem in line 4 from the top. Some images are already converted some are not. For taking this picture I just scrolled down a bit in the library to get the other photos converted.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
The only way I know to force the previews in Lightroom to update is to chose "render previews" manually from the menu.
But honestly - I don't bother. If you work with LRTimelapse you normally only care about the key frames - then you apply the transitions and render the videos. Waiting for Lightroom to update the previews just sucks...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Stephan
Thanks for your reply Günther! But you mentioned in your tutorial that LRT uses the JPEG preview to unflicker the videos and so on. And that's exactly what I experienced! If I don't update the previews by looking at them (as described above) the video will contain different images. Some of them are updated with the new Metadata by LRT and some (those I didn't look at) are un-edited because their preview didn't update. Than of course I have a bad flickering in the video. It's not LRT that isn't working!!! It's LR!
#4 Gunther
Hmm, I cannot confirm this. The previews that LRTimelapse uses are previews it gernerates from the original jpgs. They are not related with the Lightroom previews. If Lightroom does not export all images in "edited" form, there is probably something wrong with the workflow.
I suggest you start over with that sequence by initializing in LRTimelapse and follow the workflow exactly. Check out: http://lrtimelapse.com/workflow and the tutorials at http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Stephan
it still seems as if I use the Slideshow Module in LR it is important to have correct previews of every single frame. And those still not update on their own for some reason. But that doesn't matter anymore as you have created a completely new export module that I wasn't aware of. Thank you for telling me! Now it should work.

...also check out: