• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Key frames have different exposure despite identical values

#1 woody
Hi Gunther,

Hope you're well and been having a nice summer.

Apologies for emailing but ive searched the forum and couldnt find anyone else with the same problem.

I made a huge discovery the other day and realised it was the clarity slider in LR4 that creates some flicker- some random images being slightly different exposures, despite having identical settings. (I obviously always have the lens disconnected, and the images are identical before developing)

Another problem i've just come across- the key framed images seem to be doing a similar thing.

Say I have 3 key frames in a batch of say 600 images. Image 1, 300, and 600 have a slightly different exposure, despite their settings all being identical. LRtimelapse shows the exposure of these being the same. But in LR they are noticeably different if you flick from the image before or after to the key framed image, and when it exports, same thing is there.

Any ideas mate? I've obviously cleared all metadata and started over a few times.. i'm on export number 10 at the moment of the same clip, and its doing my head in.
#2 Gunther
Hi Woody,
clarity is know for being "non linear" - the same goes for blacks, whites, shadows, highlights - they should be used carefully. Most of the times it's no problem, but if you over exaggerate, Lightroom might render adjacent images differently.

Regarding the exposure: If LRTimelapse shows the exposure value being the same, what does Lightroom show as exposure value? If it's the same as well and the images still have different brightnesses, it might be either another setting that has not been populated or the sequence itself showing different brightnesses.
I'm not really sure what exactly the problem is to be hones. Maybe you can send a screenshot.

Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: