• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keyframe Issue - Phantom Keyframe and Phantom File

#1 onyxcinema
Hey Guys,

So I shot a night timelapse which I horribly underexposed and am using LRTimelapse to help deflicker the noise. 

I only need one keyframe, but after editing that one keyframe in lightroom and bringing it back into LRtimelapse, there is ALWAYS a phantom keyframe at the end of the sequence that brings the end exposure back down the super underexposed levels.

I think what MIGHT be causing it is this mysterious "." file (screenshots attached) but no hidden file was found when I used the OSX terminal to reveal all files.

I've redone the LRTimelapse process about 6 times and with different amounts of keyframes and always have this mysterious drop keyframe.

Any ideas on how to work around it?

#2 Gunther
Could it be that you removed the last frame from Lightroom and it's still on the harddrive and thus in LRTimelapse?
Right click on the folder in Lightroom and then "Synchronize" to get the same images in Lightroom then on the physical folder.
Normally if you only have one keyframe set on the first image, LRTimelapse will equilze all settings to that keyframe and make no transition like you see it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 onyxcinema
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for responding! I synchronized the folder in lightroom and double checked to see if there were any images missing between the Finder and Lightroom and LRTimelapse and everything matches up.

Attached is a screenshot of the same shot with a few keyframes put into place to see if I can slap the glitch out. Though as you can see, LRTimelapse seems to be ignoring them still. Very odd :-\
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 onyxcinema
Oh I forgot to mention that when I start over and create two keyframes, one on each side, with the second keyframe at the end being the mysterious "." file, that second keyframe doesn't show up in lightroom (image attached).

This mystery none-file can't be edited but forces itself to be a keyframe even when I try to deselect it. When I save the first step of the visual workflow, it always reselects itself.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#5 Gunther
The last image is called "._xxxxx" - filename begins with a dot. This is a hidden file that Lightroom will not "see", but LRTimelapse does.
So remove that image from the folder (via LRTimelapse, because you won't see it in Explorer/Finder too) then restart. This will solve your problem.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Which file
rodrigo
2017-12-29, 21:30
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: