• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Large 5K Timelapse Workflow to AE

#1 Shawn84
Hello, I'm having some problems with my LRT to After Effects workflow here.
I am able to use Adobe Bridge, LRT, Light Room 4 and After Effects.
Basically, here is what I am need to accomplish:

#1 Maintain the large size (about 5000x3000 pixel) size of my timelapse.
#2 Deflicker exposure jumps / animate color correction
#3 Be able to export 5K tiff sequence with effects (would like to use AE)

The raw files are .CR2 about 2200 5K images.

Preferably I want to end up with Tiffs or similar without XML sidecar at full 5k size after LTR deflicker and LR4 effects applied.

Thanks for any help.
#2 Gunther
Hi,
(2012-07-03, 01:19)Shawn84 Wrote: Hello, I'm having some problems with my LRT to After Effects workflow here.
it's easier to help If we know what problems you have...
I assume you have followed the After-Effects Workflow outlined on the main page, section workflows?

Basically it's very easy. Just start in LRTimelapse, initialize your sequence, set keyframes. Go to Lightroom, filter for 1 or more stars, edit the keyframes from left to right, save metadata -> go back to LRTimelapse. Reload, apply Auto-Transition and Deflicker. Save.

Now in After Effects: import the first image of your sequence as "Image-Sequence". The sequence is still in original size. Now do what you want in After Effects and Export from there as you like.

Some considerations: you could as well export the tiff sequence directly out of lightroom, just make sure to minimize the metadata on export:
[Image: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2088648/web/img/tiffexport.jpg]

You'll get a huge amount of data to deal with using your approach, I personally would go for a 4:4:4 12 bit codec like Cineform Pro to output the sequence.

If you have some more specific questions, pleas feel free to ask!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Shawn84
Thank you for the speedy reply.

I can be more specific,
I think that AE (5.5) is not reading the metadata properly from the saved files from LRT. I tried the workflow using bridge etc, and directly from raw with saved LRT metadata.

I import the saved sequence:    
And get the option to import camera raw:    

I hit ok, and it appears to be color corrected by LR4 but not exposure/flicker corrected by LRT.

So I tried exporting a tiff sequence like you suggested straight from LR4.
Wala!
I brought the LR4 sequence into AE and it is deflickered. But these tiffs are 120MB a piece! Not very efficient. Like 3 gigs a second bad... But I can compress them with a 2nd sequence export. Not sure if AE is directly the culprit, but I can do the workaround.
I will check out cineform.

Also, in LRT I can see the deflicker adjustment (yellow & blue lines) but when I scrub through the time slider It doesn't preview the deflicker. Is this normal?

Thanks
#4 Gunther
Two things:
1. You will have to update your CS5.5 to the latest version to get the latest ACR (still 5.5) - otherwise it wont read the LR4 development process metadata!

2. You don't see development results directly in the LRTimelapse preview, so you don''t visually see the deflicker apart from the curves showing it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Shawn84
Oh I see. Thank you

...also check out: