• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR not updating with Timelapse changes

#1 spooky
Hello, bought the ebook and have been working through the procedures.

I seem to be following it okay but when I save the data in LRTimelapse after applying transitions and deflickering etc and go back into LR and read the metadata there is no update of the data. Basically the metadata being generated and supposedly saved by LRTimelapse is not showing up in LR when I go there.

If I make changes in LR then I can see them in Timelapse data area and the graphs and crop boxes show up as expected in the preview and all appears to be working, it is just not saving the changes to the metadata so when I go back to LR all the files look as they did before going into LRTimelapse.

I am using DNG files with Timelapse 2.3.1, LR4.

thanks

Any ideas.
#2 spooky
Tried messing with this for a couple of hours now without any resolution. It appears the software does the calculations for the metadata transitions as advertised and all appears good within the software but I can't get it to write the changes to the DNG files. Short of someone explaining what I am doing wrong I am pretty much stuck at this point.
#3 Oich
(2013-05-18, 05:22)spooky Wrote: Tried messing with this for a couple of hours now without any resolution. It appears the software does the calculations for the metadata transitions as advertised and all appears good within the software but I can't get it to write the changes to the DNG files. Short of someone explaining what I am doing wrong I am pretty much stuck at this point.

Hi Spooky,
Forgive me if this seems like a silly question but, wen you return to LR are you in Grid mode and then selecting Crtl A (PC) to select all files before reading Metadata?

Regards,
Oich.
#4 spooky
Yes Oich, I am in grid mode and have selected all images. The notice comes up in LR saying it is reading metadata and the little notification bar in the top left completes but it doesn't actually do anything. I have tried reloading the previews as well with no result just in case it was working but not actually updating the previews.

Thanks for the suggestion.
#5 spooky
I have finally found something to work around the problem. It appears the software is not working with DNGs I reimported some sequences and left them as NEFs and it worked. LR was able to reimport the metadata.

So basically for me the LRTimelapse software does not work for DNGs but does for NEFs.

I would like to know to get the DNGs to work however as I have some older sequences that I only have in DNG format.
#6 Oich
Hi again Spooky,
Great that you found a workaround and can get on with work.
Strange though because I import DNGs from Canon using LR 3.6 without any problems.
I have very little technical know how with this side of things, but I am sure Gunther will investigate when he finishes his current project.

All the Best.
Oich.
#7 alhare
(2013-05-19, 02:56)spooky Wrote: I have finally found something to work around the problem. It appears the software is not working with DNGs I reimported some sequences and left them as NEFs and it worked. LR was able to reimport the metadata.

So basically for me the LRTimelapse software does not work for DNGs but does for NEFs.

I would like to know to get the DNGs to work however as I have some older sequences that I only have in DNG format.

I just read in a similar post in tis section (earlier page i think) that Gunther uses xmp sidecar files (which don't exist with DNG) because they are simply quicker than embedding into the DNG which is, as i understand it, way, way too slow to be workable for the volume of images in a timelapse.

...also check out: