• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR4 Standard Previews--WTFrick?

#1 bbkupko
I'll start by saying how much I love LR4 ( and LRT3 of course) But what the heck gives with The Standard Previews in LR4--They only generate when they are visible on your grid? My very first LR4 Catalog ( 3 years old) has over 50,000 images and there are some that will never have the standard preview generated, because I don't have the time to sit there and scroll the grid up and down to let the preview apply. I don't get that? Why the hell does it not generate and apply the preview in the background, so that you could leave the app running and even if it took a while you would see all your previews generated and be done with? It's the same with just a small catalog of images--and the thumbnail size effects the speed of it---it forces me to keep my thumbnail size to the smallest size so that the preview generates to the max amount of images in the grid view.

Am I missing something here? May be I should set a lower quality preview? The thing is I want to edit my images on the best clearest quality preview?

Any advise? Thanks
#2 Gunther
This a a Lightroom Issue, has nothing to do with LRTimelapse.
Unfortunately you cannot really force Lightroom to only update the small grid prevews.
The only way I know to do this is to select all images and launch "Generate Standard Previews" from the Menu.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: