• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT hangs (cpu loop) when different crop factors are present

#1 joesh
Hi Folks

LRT warns me that I should allow it to equalize crop factors or "bad things" may happen. It's right - LRT hangs. But I really want to crop in LRT - both to recenter the image between slight camera movements in a multi-day timelapse and to animate a zoom out toward the end of the sequence.

I understand it's possible to do these things outside of LRT but it's darn inconvenient. Will this restriction be removed anytime soon?

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
This is no restriction. It's just that if you have keyframes with different crop settings, LRTimelapse offers to equilize those. This makes sense, since an animation of the crop is not supported anymore because the encoder would fail otherwise when creating the video.

It's no problem to change/resize/rotate a crop in Lightroom - just do it on the first keyframe. Then, should LRTimelapse offer you to equilize the crops, just say yes. This will retain your crop, no worries.

You can read more about this here:http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ken-burns-crop-animation-pan-zoom-with-lrtimelapse

Should LRTimelapse really freeze, I'd like to see the log file. You'll find it in <userdir>\appdata\Roaming\LRTimelapse on windows, or, if you still can access the application, under Info Menu/Show Log.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: