• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Using DNG files does not work...

#1 NobilisBellator
Hello Gunther,

yesterday I tried to use DNG files in my workflow and although LRTimelapsePro sees them and works with them, when I go thru the usual moves of the normal workflow the information appears to be taken in by LR as I see the first step with the key frames appearing, then I continue the workflow and Save the changes made to the key frames and go back to LRTimelapse and Reload, Autotransition then Save but when I go back to LR and click Read metadata that's where it all fails. The process of reading fails and instead all the images go back to their original look without any of the changes I applied.

The DNG files were created from TIFF files in LR exported into a folder as DNG and from those files I wanted to work with LRTimelapse but it just does not work. Is there anything I am missing? Thanks for the help.
#2 Gunther
Hi Nobilis,
RAW-DNGs normally work without problems. But in your case you are using "flat" DNGs, that have been created from TIFF/JPG files, and this are not RAW files. In this case Lightroom applies other (relative) WB settings. Currently LRT3 cannot distinguish between those.
Full support of flat DNGs will be added to the next version.
But currently everything apart from the WB should already get properly animated.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 NobilisBellator
Ok got it. To be honest I did not check to see if the other settings I had changed were applied once reloaded and saved because when I saw all the images in LR getting back to their initial look with the wrong WB I just assumed nothing had been modified. Good news if you plan to implement the use of flat DNG's in the next update.

Thanks

...also check out: