• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse will not launch

#1 Jetstream Rider
I am having issues with 4.7.1 launching.  Since upgrading, I have not been able to launch it - I have also had trouble installing Java.

I think this is likely to be a Java issue, but I'm not sure.  If I try to install the 64 bit version, the installer tells me there is another Java installer running and I need to finish that first. This is not the case, even if I go to the task manager, kill all the JAVA processes and try to start again.  If I try to install the 32 bit version, it works.  I am running Windows 10, 64 bit.

If I try to start LRTImelapse, either I get nothing, or on a re-start of my computer if it is the first thing I do, it gets to the splash screen, but does not show the version and then exits.

I have looked here:
http://lrtimelapse.com/news/exiftool-win...-defender/

Windows Defender tells me it is turned off and is not scanning my computer and adding an exception is greyed out.  I use Kaspersky Internet Security for my security, so it might be that perhaps?

Sorry but I don't know how to get to a log file without the program starting.

I did also find this thread:

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-java...it-windows

But not sure that is an appropriate thing for me to do as it says that its not for my symptoms?

My desktop version works fine, so not sure where I am going wrong.  I have tried a clean install of Java (I get the same issues) and of LRTimelapse.  HAve run out of ideas now, so any help appreciated.  Thank you.
#2 Gunther
You need to uninstall everything related to java first, then install only the java 64bit offline installer. This should get you going!

Sent mobile with Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jetstream Rider
Thanks. I did try this. The Java uninstall tool said nothing was left, but the 64 bit offline version still says a Java installer is running when I try to install it. I have tried "running as administrator" and doing it on a clean re-start. The only thing I can think of is disabling Kaspersky and trying that? I can't find any help in the Java FAQ's. Any further thoughts? Cheers.
#4 Jetstream Rider
I've also tried installing the 64 bit version of Firefox to see if going that way works - same issues come up.
#5 Gunther
You really need to uninstall all older versions of java, especially the 32bit versions. Google how to entirely get rid of java. Then install the 64bit offline variant from the link provided here: http://llrtimelapse.com/install
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 Jetstream Rider
I'll try that again and let you know what happens. Thanks.
#7 Jetstream Rider
Fixed it!

The problem with the Java installer was due to the fact that Windows 10 hadn't updated properly. Unknown to me (as the machine didn't report it), the auto update had failed.  Running it manually it also failed, so I left it a couple of weeks and tried again.  This time the Windows update worked fine after a long installation period, then Java installed correctly and of course LR Timelapse then worked fine.

It seems that Windows 10 is pretty buggy in my experience, so if you have issues with Java installations its probably worth checking the update status in Windows - go to Setting and type Update, click on Windows Update and it may report an error code there.

...also check out: