• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse with Bridge/ACR

#1 Kyle1234
Is LRTimelapse compatible with Adobe Bridge CS4 & Camera Raw? Looking at some old threads, it sounded like people were using this combination, however I am not sure if the newest versions of LRTimelapse support this. I don't reallly want to upgrade to Lightroom CC since I use Capture One as my main RAW editor. Thank you for the assistance!

Kyle
#2 Gunther
You will need at least camera RAW version 7. The workflow is explained in detail in my ebook, but I don't recommend it, since it's more complicated and cumbersome, because you don't get the Lightroom plugins, the sync script and filters that LRTimelapse provides.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Kyle1234
Thank you for the clarification.  CS4 supports only to ACR 5.7.  I will have to decide about upgrading.  Thanks again.
#4 richparry
I have used LRTtimelapse for years and never use LR. I use Bridge/ACR/AE and very pleased. I am not saying this workflow is better, just letting you know it is possible to use LRT without LR.

I also never convert to DNG, all images are in original RAW format right out of the camera. Again, I am not saying this is best, just letting you know what I do and I'm happy with my workflow.

Good luck,
Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#5 Gunther
Yes sure, it works. I've a description on the instructions page for this workflow and I've a separate chapter in my ebook explaining it in detail.
The biggest disadvantage using ACR compared to Lightroom are:
1) There is no sync script, so you will overwrite the Holy Grail adjustments when copy/pasting edits from one keyframe to the next - so you might be editing too bright or too dark. LRT will restore the adjustments when reloading, so the brightness of the keyframe might change then. This might require you to go back and forth between LRT and LR once more.
2) There is no exporter that directly feeds the LRTimelapse render module. Therefore exporting from bridge is a bit more complicated since you have to get the numbering and naming right and possibly have to go though photoshop, if you want to use the LRTimelapse render module.

Those are the reasons why I usually don't recommend the ACR workflow. But if you know what you do, of course you can use it! :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: