• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Luminosity bumps with holy grail method

#1 tommaso.didonato
Hello there!
Sorry, I'm very new to time lapses, and I'm experimenting some day to night tl shootings.
I shot around 270 frames... just to see how it works. I went through the holy grail procedure, but when I finally render the video... I end up with 2 luminosity jumps.. .

When I look in lightroom, the key frame couples (2/3 stars) are correctly matched in exposure.
Maybe it's me, but I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Just to summarize:
1) I go through the first line very easily..
2) I press "create other key frames", save the metadata, and then in lr, with no filters I read all the metadata,
3) I do all my adjustments (crop, nd filters, clarity, etc) without touching exposure.
4) filtering for "all the keyframes", I copy/past (no exposure) the settings
5) I follow the workflow till the export.

Anybody can address my error?
Thank you in advance!
Tom
#2 Gunther
Sounds correct, maybe you could check the curves in LRTimelapse "Button ALL" above the preview, to see if there are any anomalies?
If you can't find any, maybe you could just try and redo the sequence from the beginning just to see, if that helps.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 tommaso.didonato
Thank you very much Gwegner!
I re-did all the workflow.. this time I tried to change nothing at all in Lightroom (except crop and sharpening), just to be sure I was not messing with other settings...
This is the final result.. still present some bumps.
http://youtu.be/Vx134QQcnjE
As you can see, between second 3 and 4 there is a luminosity change.
At second 8 there is also a jump... I missed some shots in that moment, I do not know if it depends on it or not.
Tonight I'll try again with a basic workflow.. but I'd prefer to use the holy grail approach.
#4 Gunther
like I said, I'd recommend to reshoot the sequence. No matter what approach you use in LRTimelapse, if the source material is bad, you won't get good results.
#5 tommaso.didonato
Oh, sorry I didn't get it.. Redo the sequence = reshot the sequence..

mmmh, except for the 2 minutes missiong at second 8, I do not think it is shot so bad...
Anyway, thank you for your help.
T
#6 Gunther
You could remove the bad part and try editing again. Still - I don't know what caused that bumps - it definitely does not happen if you do everything right when shooting.
#7 expomiguelramos
I'm also very new to LRTimelapse and only using the DEMO version for now. However I would suggest to go to the Deflicker Workflow after the HG workflow, in order to attain only these 2 jumps.
Perhaps it may help a bit.
#8 tommaso.didonato
Thank you very much! I'll try your suggestion for sure..
SO... you mean: I go through the full holy grail workflow, and after the last xmp sabing, before rendering, I go back to the deflicker (without resetting the settings, of course)?
#9 Gunther
You could do so, but this won't eliminate flickering at the holy grail transtions, since deflicker can only work inbetween the segments where the settings have been ajusted.
But you could render the sequence after the Holy Grail workflow and then load the intermediary sequence (LRT_* folder) into LRTimelapse and perform the deflicker workflow only. Make sure to get rid of all keyframes (should they still exist in that sequence). Then render again.

...also check out: