• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magic Lantern for 5D mk II

Wink
#1 TheModScene
Hi everyone,
recently I have read about the new ML for Canon 5D mk III as being significantly better. I wonder if this also applies to the 5D mk II ? anyone out there been using ML for time lapse? do you like the benefits? was it worth learning? I have a satechi intervelometer and also the emotimo TB3 for setting up the camera but I wondered if anyone used ML for the intervelometer settings. and now that dslr dashboard is out. im thinking maybe skipping it altogether. ive noticed that tripod seems to get knocked and it doesn't matter how careful I am.. last time I was in Vermont during single digit temps. I was shaking hard enough that I didn't notice I had knocked it after a few hours lol
hopefully winter will be over soon and we can get back out and do more Smile

thanks
TheModScene
#2 dreamingof8a
(2014-01-23, 23:42)TheModScene Wrote: Hi everyone,
recently I have read about the new ML for Canon 5D mk III as being significantly better. I wonder if this also applies to the 5D mk II ? anyone out there been using ML for time lapse? do you like the benefits? was it worth learning? I have a satechi intervelometer and also the emotimo TB3 for setting up the camera but I wondered if anyone used ML for the intervelometer settings. and now that dslr dashboard is out. im thinking maybe skipping it altogether. ive noticed that tripod seems to get knocked and it doesn't matter how careful I am.. last time I was in Vermont during single digit temps. I was shaking hard enough that I didn't notice I had knocked it after a few hours lol
hopefully winter will be over soon and we can get back out and do more Smile

thanks
TheModScene
Hi! I am usually using the ML intervalometer with my 5DII - works great! I haven't tried any of the advanced ML functions for timelapse yet (auto-deflicker, basically what LRT does; ETTR; bulb ramping; advanced intervalometer with keyframes; dual-iso ...) but I want to as some of them sound really promising.
I would definitly recommend ML, the intervalometer is great, HDR bracketing, dual iso and other functions are very useful and I don't see any disadvantages so far.
There are a few threads about timelapse (also HG) over in the ML forum but so far haven't seen a "this is how you do it" really, rather some good ideas.

...also check out: