• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dont auto-load option

#1 muslapse
For my experience, when LRT is loading a folder, it writes some values into exif of pictures and CANNOT be edited later. (Should be related to the parameter ShutterSpeedValue)

I found this when I tried to recover a failed HG sequence by editing exifs manually. The pictures loaded by LRT just failed to edit exif. (Actually I can edit the parameter ShutterSpeed, but it seems that LRT reads the parameter ShutterSpeedValue. Therefore I can do nothing about it.) Luckily I have a backup...or it's a disaster.

It's quite annoying that LRT edits the exif of pictures that I don't want to change without my permission.
It basically changes exif of every picture in previous folders before I go into a subfolder.
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse does not change any exif data, it never writes to exif data, only on special user request, if he uses the "Time shift" feature, but that's something different.

LRT transfers some exif data and copies to it's own values in the XMP files to be able to access them faster. So if you delete the XMP files, you will get rid of anything that LRTimelapse did.

If you want to mess around with Exif Values, feel free - but consider that the Shutterspeed might be contained in different fields in the exif data and it could be that you change one and LRT uses another one.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 muslapse
Just tested it again, it seems that I can choose "not save XMP-Metadata" to avoid the subfolder part. Sorry that I messed up the details.

However, if I did process a sequence and saved it, there will be the exif problem. ShutterSpeedValue and ShutterSpeed should be the same but they aren't. I edited one while LRT read another (unchanged), so I supposed LRT wrote something somewhere.
#4 Gunther
I told you how it works. If you want to change exif data in your images, do it before you open the sequence the first time in LRT. Or delete the XMP files after your changes.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: