• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maths used during Holy Grail workflow

#1 Rowan
Preface - I'm a totally newbie to LRTimelapse.

Yesterday I shot a totally Manual 2145 frame sequence of fast moving storm cloud system that occurred during sunrise - Clouds were gorgeous. I also used an old Cokin "A" series graduated neutral density filter to reduce the sky/ground exposure differential

I used an old 1 degree spot meter to measure the EV of a patch of the sky which was clear (Old school 18% grey). I then manually adjusted the shutter speed by a 1/3 of a stop when the EV changed by 1/3 (single dot).

Initial Setting Aperture f3.5 Iso 1600 1/40 sec
Final Setting Aperture f 3.5 Iso 1600 1/1600 sec
I ramped only the Shutter speed.

The Workflow did an Excellent job in identifying where I changed the speed settings, but the resultant Holy Grail workflow reflected the total "change" in exposure, not that the fact that the only change of each segment is a 1/3 of a stop.
The "start" of each segment is correctly exposed and the "end" of the segment is 1/3 stop overexposed. The start of the next segment is then again correctly exposed.

How do I use the Holy Grail Workflow to create a "Saw Tooth" 1/3 stop filter to apply to Lightroom?; because the last frame is only relatively over/underexposed by 1/3 of a stop (Does this make sense? Total vs Relative Maths) .

Have I missed something?
#2 Gunther
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Just use the holy grail wizard like I explained it in the Holy Grail tutorial.
This will compensate for all changes in Exposure that you manually did. You can then rotate and shift the overall curve to your needs to mirror the natural luminance changes.
See http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: