• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Metadata problem transferring from LRTimelapse to LR4

#1 mjdesmo
When I save my settings to metadata and press reload in LRTimelapse, nothing happens. The keyframes and images are unchanged. I have the three photos as the keyframes that are changed with the edits but they will not apply when I have LR 4 read the metadata. This is my first time using the system. I followed your step by step tutorial. Am I missing something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOu-bFuq6pY

Thank you for taking your time out of your day to answer my question.
#2 Gunther
A common problem is that people are not in Lightrooms "Grid-Mode" when saving.
Make sure you are in Grid-Mode (hit G) than select all (Ctrl-A) and now save with Ctrl-S.

In LRTimelapse reload and remember that the previews won't change! You see the changes only in the curves that overlay the preview and in the table (check the values) because the rendering is done later in Lightroom.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mjdesmo
(2012-08-14, 09:21)gwegner Wrote: A common problem is that people are not in Lightrooms "Grid-Mode" when saving.
Make sure you are in Grid-Mode (hit G) than select all (Ctrl-A) and now save with Ctrl-S.

In LRTimelapse reload and remember that the previews won't change! You see the changes only in the curves that overlay the preview and in the table (check the values) because the rendering is done later in Lightroom.

I did the steps you said. When I save all of the changes in my three keyframes they do not apply to the rest of the image sequence. I followed your steps and saved all the files in LRTimelapse then went back to LR4 and read all the metadata files and not change occurred in all of my pictures.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
Sorry, I don't really understand your answer.

You initialized everything in LRTimelapse. Saved. Than you loaded the Metadata for all images (Grid-View / Select All / Load Metadata) in Lightroom.
Set Filter to 1 Star. Edit the starred images from left to right.
Gridview, select all, Save.

Back in LRTimelapse: reload. Now you should see changes in the yellow curve if you edited the exposure. You can see the other curves when selecting them from the drop down on the top right of the preview. Now apply the auto-transition. This calculates the intermediate images. Save.

Go back to Lightroom, remove the 1-Star-Filter. Grid-View, Select All, Load Metadata from files. Now the inbetwenn images should get there edits and you can continue exporting the video.

If you still have questions please tell me the exact step and what exactly doesn't behave according to your expectations. Thanks!
#5 uzcpictures
Gunther,

I was having a similar problem. When I read the metadata for all the images in Literoom (after re-loading and applying transition in LRTimelapse) - only the keyframe images that I made changes to are changed - the rest of the images still look the same as when I first started. (Please note, I made changes to exposure, contrast, etc.). When I'm editing the images in Literoom, do I need to copy the changes from the first image to all of them? For some reason, this method of only editing the keyframe images hasn't been working for me.

Thanks for your help!

- usmaan
#6 Gunther
(2012-08-27, 04:31)uzcpictures Wrote: Gunther,

I was having a similar problem. When I read the metadata for all the images in Literoom (after re-loading and applying transition in LRTimelapse) - only the
Stupid question: have you saved in LRTimelapse?

Quote:keyframe images that I made changes to are changed - the rest of the images still look the same as when I first started. (Please note, I made changes to exposure, contrast, etc.). When I'm editing the images in Literoom, do I need to copy the changes from the first image to all of them? For some reason, this method of only editing the keyframe images hasn't been working for me.
No, applying the transition in LRTimelapse fills the gaps.
Please make sure not to skip any of the steps in the workflow-description and it will work. It's crucial that you are in Grid View and have removed all Star-Filters and selected all images before reading the Metadata in Lightroom.
#7 TIMD
mjdesmo... Did you figure this out? I am having the same issues after developing my photo in LR4, I saved the Metadata and when I reload nothing has changed in LRTIMELAPSE...
#8 Gunther
What do you mean with "nothing" - please remember that the preview itself won't change, you only see the changes in the table and in the curves!

...also check out: