• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No F stop data with manual lens

#1 Evocam
Hi,
I am not getting data for stop in LRtimelapse. I'm using a GH2 with Zeiss primes, 16 & 24 mm. When I use the 14-42 Pana the camera reads the lens. the problem is trying to get the HG to work when LightRoom sends up an error message when I try to Match total exposures. I read that manual lenses work. How do you get the HG to work?
Thanks
#2 DoubleD
There is a place in LRT where you can enter the aperture value.
I will take a guess and say in the menus go "Metadata" > "Define aperture (Lens Tagging)"

If I'm wrong some one else will be along to point you in the right deriction.
#3 Gunther
That's right. When using the key-frames wizard, the lens tagger will be launched automatically, if necessary.
However for the lens tagger you will need a licensed version of LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Evocam
(2013-03-24, 14:45)gwegner Wrote: That's right. When using the key-frames wizard, the lens tagger will be launched automatically, if necessary.
However for the lens tagger you will need a licensed version of LRTimelapse.

Thanks, I found that shortly after sending.
#5 ehpem
Hi, I am new here. Just wanted to say that I use only old manual lenses for TL on my camera (Takumar and Nikkor on a Canon camera). The adapters I use have focus confirm, and also can be set to record an f-stop - whatever is entered on setup is what is recorded, and thus is often not the right aperture reading for the shot. Even so, I don't get an error message and thus it seems to not matter since I use shutter speed to adjust the exposure.

...also check out: