• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No Preview after editing a NEF in ViewNX2

#1 DeanAZ
While out in the field, I edited a couple of frames using Nikon's View NX2. Now LRT can't display a preview of those frames. Even if I resave the files going back to the original state (Using Capture NX2) I still ca't see a preview of those two files in the sequence. Since I need to deflicker this sequence I am stuck as it calculates the Mean exposure at 0 which throws off the process. How can I make these files readable?

(I am shooting with a D7100)

Thanks!

[Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5010...pture1.PNG]

[Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5010...pture2.PNG]
#2 Gunther
Obviously the Nikon software removed the preview.
Please try updating the previews in LRT (Shift-F5) - this will rebuild the preview in LRTImelapse, but if there is no Preview embedded in the NEF it might fail.
See if you find an option to embed a preview again with the Nikon software, then hit Shift-F5 again in LRTimelapse.

I'd suggest to keep ViewNX away from your time lapse sequences... :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DeanAZ
There seems to be no way for LRT to be able to read the previews embedded within the NEF files for the two ones that I edited with ViewNX. The previews are present as every other piece of software I have tried is able to read them. This was not an issue when I previously edited files from my D7000 but now with my new D7100 there is a breakdown somewhere. Either there is a problem with ViewNX and or CaptureNX or with LRT's ability to extract the preview file from an edited D7100 raw file. Again, this was not an issue with my previous D7000 and I did a test again to demonstrate that LRT can read an edited file correctly from that camera type.

I would be happy to send you a link to the files if you have the time to investigate where the issue lies. Otherwise, in the future I will refrain from touching the D7100 raw files until I have made a backup copy to prevent this issue in the future. Let me know if you would like access to my samples.

Kind Regards,
Dean
#4 Gunther
Yes, please send me one of those files.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: