• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Norton «ate» LRT 4.1 !!!

#1 Lapsefinger
I just tried to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1, but Norton saw the file as a threat and deleted it, and assured me that I didn't need to take any further action, my computer was perfectly safe! (* Insert foul language here*)

Have any of you experienced this?

BTW, here's what Norton has to say about the threat:

Updated:
February 15, 2012 3:15:47 PM
Type: Other
Risk Impact: High
Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP

Behavior
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.
#2 Gunther
It's a false positive that has already be reported to Norton. Those AV programs get worse and worse... Just add the installer to the ignore list, it's clean.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Lapsefinger
It was only quarantined, so there was no real problem, it was easy to restore it. It just made me jump in my chair, that's all! :-)

...also check out: