#1 Ron_R
LRT Version: 4.1 Build 72
My System:
  • Windows 7
  • Intel Quad-Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz - Not Overclocked
  • 16GB RAM
  • EVGA Titan X GPU
Issues:
  1. The Holy grail keyframe wizard is not catching all of my HG jumps either at the beginning or some times at the end of the sequence. In the attached example it missed the middle jumps.
  2. The Holy grail wizard is not (properly?) processing my manually added keyframes.
Please see screen capture.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thoughts? If you need more info let me know. Thanks.

#2 Wire14
Hi Ron,

if I see this clear in the screenshot there are no changes in the Exif date (at picture 775 and so on). Neither in the shutter speed, nor in the aperture, nor in the ISO. So this changes are not recognized by the holy grail wizard. And the could also not be selected manually because there are no changes in the exif data like mentioned so lightroom has no clue how it should adjust this exposure.

Solution:
Let the holy grail wizard edit the recognized changes and try to fix the other flickers with the visual deflicker. I had a similar issue with an old manuel lens where no aperture was written to the exif data.

Regards, Chris
#3 Ron_R
Thank you Chris.

I thought that might be the case. I shot this with a variable ND filter and made some of my lighting adjustments with the ND filter in order to keep the shutter speed close to constant.

So, LRT need to see changes in one of the above mentioned variables in order for the Keyframe and Holy Grail Wizards to work their magic?

It might be something to consider in a future version for use with a variable ND filter. The jumps are clearly there based on the changes in lighting. There should be some way to compensate for that earlier in the workflow rather than relying on the deflicker to make the corrections. The earlier the lighting is corrected the easier editing in lightroom is ...

Thanks for the tip.
#4 Gunther
Variable ND filters are not recommended at all for time lapse shooting! Apart from not delivering exif data for correction, they introduce weird uneven shading - the more the stronger you apply them - and you won't be able to correct this effects later.
So rather use Aperture ramping and/or static ND filters and smoothen everything at the end with the visual deflicker.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Ron_R
Thanks Gwegner!

Amazing program you've created!

...also check out: