• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not exactly understand the deflicker option

#1 motiyairl
Hey Guy's ,
I went through the guides and movies
And unfortunately I could not understand when I should use the deflicker option.
The idea is to compare the exposures and that's exactly what I did so why should I use it?
Is this situation (as in the pictured) is required to press the button? suppose I pressed. what I should do next?

After I press the button

This is a link to the movie without the deflicker option
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IndJif5cM...e=youtu.be
#2 FableBlue2010
(2013-07-26, 16:36)motiyairl Wrote: Hey Guy's ,
I went through the guides and movies
And unfortunately I could not understand when I should use the deflicker option.
The idea is to compare the exposures and that's exactly what I did so why should I use it?
Is this situation (as in the pictured) is required to press the button? suppose I pressed. what I should do next?

After I press the button

This is a link to the movie without the deflicker option
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IndJif5cM...e=youtu.be

Sorry if I am misinterpreting your question.
Deflicker only smooths transitions, it does not completely eliminate them (I have not used it any of my tests time lapses). And it will not turn night into day. It looks fine to me but i could be wrong.
#3 Gunther
Deflicker is only meant to be used, if you have real flicker due to aperture or shutter inconsitencies (mechanical). Deflicker will try to smooth them out - normally that works quite well. But if you apply it on sequences without flicker, you might make things worse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 motiyairl
(2013-07-26, 23:45)gwegner Wrote: Deflicker is only meant to be used, if you have real flicker due to aperture or shutter inconsitencies (mechanical). Deflicker will try to smooth them out - normally that works quite well. But if you apply it on sequences without flicker, you might make things worse.

Thanks.
If i shoot in M mode so basically I should not be flickers right?
#5 Gunther
It depends, there might still be Aperture flicker (due to tolerances when aperture is closing) if you don't shoot wide open.
Just play the sequence in the preview and see if you have any flicker there!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: