• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Only rendering half of the images

#1 FableBlue2010
This is the first time that this has happened to me. I have 6186 images that have been rendered and sitting in a folder (I have "Delete temporary sequence..."un ticked) to get rendered in to a video. I start the process and everything is running fine, it is counting the images and the status bar is increasing. I decide to watch the status bar and image count to see why i was only getting half a video. I found out that it stopped rendering the images at a count of 3270 and produced the video with only half of the images. I guess the only thing is to go through the process again, 6000+ images (10GBs) takes a long time render.
#2 Gunther
I have never reproduced that - but why are you rendering sequences that long? Are you going to speed up that later anyway? Then you could use the "select every nth"-feature in LRTimelapse (up to LRT3 beta 1 in the HDR menu) to for example select every second image and delete them. This will considerably speed up things. Normally no one watches single time lapse sequences of 3-4 minutes length...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 FableBlue2010
(2013-07-29, 10:22)gwegner Wrote: I have never reproduced that - but why are you rendering sequences that long? Are you going to speed up that later anyway? Then you could use the "select every nth"-feature in LRTimelapse (up to LRT3 beta 1 in the HDR menu) to for example select every second image and delete them. This will considerably speed up things. Normally no one watches single time lapse sequences of 3-4 minutes length...

I like to make a time lapse of 1-2 days, nothing to do with speed, I am testing magic lanterern's ramping setting. I am going to look at the files later, it may have been shot in two different formats, jpeg and RAW.
#4 Gunther
You definitely should remove the JPGs from the folder before going into LRTimelapse, otherwise you will get trouble.
If you had them there it's no wonder, LR will only render half of the sequence... Wink
#5 FableBlue2010
(2013-07-29, 13:44)gwegner Wrote: You definitely should remove the JPGs from the folder before going into LRTimelapse, otherwise you will get trouble.
If you had them there it's no wonder, LR will only render half of the sequence... Wink

I checked and they were all jpeg. Anyway I upgraded to LRTimelapse 3 and split the file up in to sections.

Gunther you can close this or delete if you would like.

Thanks for the help
#6 properrhino
Hi G,
I'm facing a similar problem, My image sequence is a 33sec video, but lrtl is only rendering 30secs. (1000frames- rendering only 700). Tried different resolutions, re-rendered sequence from lrt_folder - Any ideas on why this would happen? Is there a setting for frame range anywhere that I dont know?

Cheers
R
#7 Gunther
Did you check this faq thread?
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-export-not-working

...also check out: