• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

brushed gradient workflow

#1 yannick_c
Hi,

I wanted to know if my workflow is ok working with brushed gradient in Lightroom 6.

For the first try, I think I've done it wrong. I have 12 keyframes but only need to use a gradient filter on 3 of them. So after using the LRTimelapse script to synchronize the pictures, I've paint my brush on the gradient in the 3rd keyframe (where I needed it), then synchronize with the next pictures, modify the gradient value, synchronize, ...

Everything seemed nice in Lightroom but when exporting the metadata to LRTimelapse, creating the auto transitions, saving the metadata and get them back in Lightroom, I lost the brushed gradient and get a normal one. I though that there was a problem but in fact, while LRTimelapse don't animate the brush from the gradient, it will apply the brush from the first keyframe to all the other pictures.

Finally if you want to apply a brushed gradient somewhere in your sequence, don't forget to create it on the first keyframe, otherwhise it will be lost forever.

I that rirght ?

Yannick
#2 Gunther
You'll have to apply the brush to the very first (key)frame. Then, if you don't want the effect there, just move the controls to the middle and move them in at the 3rd keyframe, where you want the effect. The shape of the paintbrush will be the same for all keyframes, you can only animate the controls, not the shape.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: