• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Order by file name not capture time

#1 noodleNT
I have a large time lapse and went through the complete workflow down to rendering the video. However, when I watched the video I noticed time was jumping around especially towards the end of my footage when the weather got the coldest. I want to change the order by file name instead but I had already done my edits to my keyframes. What's the trick here? I noticed LRC had the library sorted by capture date too. I tried changing it there and then went back to LRTL and changed it there by clicking the icon in the top left of the file list. Yet after I run "Auto Transition" and "Deflicker" it flips back to capture time.
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse is designed to use Capture time whenever possible, it's what usually makes sense for timelapses.
I didn't really understand why you would like to change that. But normally if you change it to "Filename Sort" as you did, it should persist (at least in the latest version, please make sure that you have the latest installed since this was improved a couple of versions ago). If not, just change it again.
But all in all, I think the jumping might not be related to a correct sorting by capture time.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 dab22008
I have a similar issue - my camera has an issue with its date/time feature, so I need to process my timelapses in order of filename instead of date/time. So - is there a way to sort by filename in LRT6, as there is in Lightroom? This will be very important for me (many timelapses to process, all captured using this camera).
#4 Gunther
Of course, as explained above, you can just switch to Filename Sort in LRTimelapse.
There is a button to switch the sort mode top right of the table. See attached screenshot.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

...also check out: