• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Order of raw files mismatch

#1 Jim Pienaar
Hello and good day!

I am having a strange problem with a workflow of mine. I have shot a time lapse with my dslr. My file sequence (initial sequence produced by the camera) goes like 920, 921, ... , 999, 001, 002, etc. You probably know it already but there is a limit for number of files in every folder on the SD-card. So, I have batch renamed all these files as 001, 002, 003, ....., 420 according to their 'date of creation'. This gave me a correct order, both time-wise and file number wise. But when I upload this sequence on LRTimelapse it doesn't recognize this order and creates the video with a wrong order, starting from the original 001 which is actually later than the original 920.

I hope I can make the problem clear. Can you provide me a possible solution?

Kind regards
Jim

Sorry, forgot to add. My LRT version is 2.3.1 and I am working on a Mac.
#2 Gunther
Hi Jim,
normally LRTimelapse sorts by Date/Time - no need to rename the files.
Could you please check that ExifTool is correctly installed (in the mainscreen you should see "ExifTool") - and you have initialized the sequence. After initialization, the Date/Time column in the table should be filled. Please check that.

Now in LRTimelapse the order should be right. Since you are still using LRT2 I assume that you are exporting via the Slideshow Template from lightroom. In Lightroom you have to make sure that the sequence has been sorted by Date/Time as well!

You might want to consider upgrading to LRT3, the rendering is much easier and delivers better quality since it does not use the Slideshow module for that anymore.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jim Pienaar
Hello,

I have upgraded to 2.3.2 version but I still see the problem. This time I didn't change the names of the files, so what you see in the screenshot is straight out of the camera. The two files between the lines are actually wrong in the order as you may see from their date/time original. File names are DSC0130 and DSC9714.

I didn't see any problem with the ExifTool because it has processed the other time lapses correctly.

What do you think?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
Could you please click once on the checkmark "sort by filename" and then turn it off again to force resorting? Does that fix the problem?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Jim Pienaar
It worked now.

...also check out: