Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pan/Zoom/Adjust Crop with > 2 keyframes
Navanax Offline

Pan/Zoom/Adjust Crop with > 2 keyframes
I tried to search for this issue in the forum but was unable to find it. If I'm mistaken, please feel free to simply point me in the right direction. Thanks!

I've been trying my hand at some sunrise time lapses, which obviously calls for the holy grail approach. However, I noticed it was quite difficult to include any type of panning or zooming in the time lapse when you have anything more than one keyframe at the beginning and one keyframe at the end. This is because as you're moving through the keyframes from beginning to end and pasting settings, the crop stays the same until the get to the penultimate keyframe, at which point the transition (pan, zoom, whatever) starts happening.

Is there a way to pan or zoom throughout the whole sequence and have LRTimelapse ignore the keyframes in the middle of the time lapse? Up until now, I've been removing all the keyframes in the middle, loading the metadata into LRTimelapse, auto-transitioning, saving metadata, reinserting keyframes, saving metadata again, then making edits in lightroom. Unfortunately, this process is a pain when you forget to do it and you've already made a whole bunch of edits to the photos corresponding to the keyframes in the middle of your sequence.

Any thoughts?
02-12-2013 05:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ulli Offline
LRTimelapse Silver-Sponsor
Sponsor - silver

RE: Pan/Zoom/Adjust Crop with > 2 keyframes
Click on the first picture, press Shift and Click on the last Picture.
Select only the columns you want to animate - in this example the 5 Crop-Parameters - than select individual transition at the bottom and choose the proper one.

02-13-2013 01:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gwegner Offline
Developer of LRTimelapse

It's explained in detail in this FAQ entry: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-anim...-keyframes

The new version 2014 of my EBook Timelapse Shooting and Processing is available now,
covering all new Workflows with LRTimelapse 3! Available in English and German.

lrtimelapse.com - advanced Time Lapse Photography made easy!
gwegner.de - Fotografie, Zeitraffer, Video, Reisen.
facebook · Google+ · twitter · vimeo

02-13-2013 02:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Navanax Offline

Oh, excellent. I thought I was probably missing it somewhere. Thank you both so much!
02-13-2013 04:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Only 1st and last keyframes are added when using keyframes wizard itstonyc 2 67 11-22-2014 01:08 AM
Last Post: itstonyc
  Blue keyframes original.version 1 96 10-26-2014 11:00 AM
Last Post: gwegner
  HG workflow - creating other keyframes NCHANT 5 183 10-07-2014 11:14 PM
  Holly Grail Workflow - Keyframes Rowan 3 296 09-12-2014 11:49 PM
  Unwanted cropping of HG keyframes ianhey 1 219 09-11-2014 08:01 PM