• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Please help me if you can - I've been away a while!

#1 macronencer
Hi everyone,

I was an active user of LRTimelapse 4.6 in 2014/5, and stopped making time lapse. Obviously now that I've come back and tried a sequence it's not working, and that's to be expected, no problem! But before I migrate to a new iMac system that I have ready, I'd like to do a little work on my existing Mac Pro. Could someone please let me know about compatibility? Here's the situation on my old (2009) Mac Pro at the moment:

MacOS is v10.11 El Capitan - this CANNOT be upgraded due to the hardware being so old.

Lightroom version is Classic CC v7.5 - again, I can't upgrade this (I believe) because of the MacOS version, which in turn can't be upgraded because of the hardware... you get the picture. Yeah, this sucks!

LRT is v4.6 as I mentioned above.

The setup as described seems to misbehave, in that the auto transition step fails. Does anyone have any idea:

1. Whether this will ever work on this machine? If not, I'll have to wait until I've migrated to the new one.

2. If it will work, how? In other words, can I simply upgrade LRT to 4.x? or even 5? Will that work with LR CC 7.5? Or with MacOS 10.11?

Sorry for the horribly detailed cry for help. If nobody can help me, it's not the end of the world as I don't earn my living doing this... but if anyone can help, I'll be very grateful, because I'd like to practise some time lapse for a while before I get the new system going.

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
You can and should upgrade lrtimelapse to version 5 - it's the supported version and will work with your OS and LR version.
You can get the upgrade on https://lrtimelapse.com/upgrade

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 macronencer
That's very good news. Thank you - I will upgrade!

And also, thank you for being so attentive to this forum. To get a reply so soon from the developer of the software is much appreciated.

...also check out: