• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Premiere preview faded color issues

#1 Morgan
Hello!
After pc format, I reinstalled Lrtimelapse 5.8 and Lightroom 12.2.1 with camera Raw 15.2. Everything ok when I export to Tiff.. the colors are perfect, perfect contrast... Then I export the movie to ProRes 444 4k. When I import the movie to Premiere 2023, the preview in Premiere has faded colors... Do I need to activate the rec.709 check when export Lightroom?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I'd not recommend to change the color format in Lightroom because this only affects the intermediaries. If you don't want to configure a proper color management in Premiere (I don't even know if that is possible today, it used to be a pain, that's why I switched to Resolve years ago) just experiment with the render settings in the LRT render dialog to make a more compatible render.

You might want to select Rec.709, Legal Range for maximum compatibility. Also ProRes 444 is often not worth the huge storage cost, 422 is usually enough, but try rendering with different settings to see which best goes without having to reconfigure the color management in Premiere Pro.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Morgan
Ok..thanks Gunther!...
Right now I'm uninstalling the 2023 version to go back to the 2018 version of Premiere.. because I remember that with the 2017 version I didn't have any color problems..damn....Adobe every adobe update always corresponds to clip setting problems.. ugh!
#4 Gunther
I don't think that's a good idea. Color Management has improved with Premiere in the last versions. But of course, if you render in Rec.2020 you need to know what you are doing. That's why I'd recommend rendering in Rec.709.
#5 Morgan
I hope with these photos to show my problem in more detail.. On the left photo from Lightroom while on the right the timelapse movie on the same frame without modifications.. There is a slight difference in colors, shadows and details.. What can it be? I exported the timelapse from LRtimelapse as explained to you but once uploaded to Premiere, the previews of Premiere are slightly different from the original ..
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#6 Gunther
Honestly I don't know because color management is something that goes though the whole chain of processing and there are so many variables. What you should do in LRTimelapse/Lightroom I already explained to get the maximum compatibility. I don't work with premiere, that's why I can't help there.

Besides you are using an old version of LRTimelapse, which is out of support. LRTimelapse is constantly improving and if you assume something wrong with that old version, you should upgrade to the latest 6.5. No issues with color management are known in the latest version. You might try out the free version first before upgrading your license.
#7 Morgan
RESOLVED! For Premiere Pro 2023 (I don't know about other versions if it works), you need to export video to LRTimelapse in Full Range. This way both the TIFF frames and the video in the preview imported into Premiere have the same color, shadows.. When exporting video to TV Standard, Premiere video preview colors are washed out and shadows are lighter.
#8 Gunther
Ok, glad you figured that out!

...also check out: