• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Preserve full res when using export plugin

#1 tomic
I would like to preserve the full res of the file when im using the export plugin. I can export in 6k or 4k but i dont want to up-res or down-res the file.

For example if im using a 5d iii file (5616x3744) i'd like to export the file at its full full resolution, not up res it to 6k

OR

when using a Nikon D800 (7,360 x 4,912) i dont want to downres the file to 6k

Any solution to do this?
#2 Gunther
Hi Tomic,
if you would like to use the LRTimelapse renderer (what I would recommend) - it's better to resize the intermediary files in Lightroom to the output size you would later like to render to.
So, if you would like to render in 4K it makes sense to provide the intermediary files in 4K to the renderer - that's why it's implemented that way.

Currently there is no option to export in native resolution from the LRTExport plugin.

Of course, if you want to leave the LRTimelapse process, you can do whatever you want and create your own export template in Lightroom. But if you would like to render with LRTimelapse just use the possibilities that are given, they will provide the best output quality.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 tomic
thanks for the reply, i just thought it would be nice to "future proof" them in case i go back to the footage in a couple of years and want to use that extra resolution somehow
#4 Gunther
You can always go back and export in even higher resolutions, if you still have the original raw sequence. I'd strongly recommend to keep them anyway.
#5 tomic
coming back to this, if i manually export the TIFFS how would i use the render video option (i have pro) to output a prores

It gives me a "no suitable image sequence found" when i try to render the video. Is there a way to rename the files to LRT_00001.tiff... manually?

I want to preserve the original resolution for pans and zooms
#6 Gunther
You could just create an export preset in Lightroom and chose the rename option there - then rename according to the pattern LRT_xxxxx
But when rendering with LRTimelapse you will be again restricted to 6K, so it won't be that much of a difference.
Normally 6K should be enough, I will see if I can offer more flexibility in the next version.
#7 tomic
thanks Gunther

...also check out: