• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"Preview could not be loaded."

#1 Matjoez
Hi Gunther,

iMac 2011 i7, Mac OS X 10.7.5, LRT 2.0.1

Loading previews for a raw sequence and I encounter a few pictures where the preview could not be loaded. Any idea what causes this?
Converting to DNG might help, but I would prefer to not have to do the extra step.

The missing previews have no effect on the final video, as i just deleted the surrounding keyframes and worked as usual.

This is the text in the preview window for one of the pictures:
"Preview could not be loaded.
You could try converting your files to DNG. (...)
Please reset your development before."

Regards,
Matthew
#2 Gunther
Hi, please try refreshing the previews with Shift-Reload! If this doesn't help, please check the logfile or send it to me!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Matjoez
Ok, will do if i encounter it again!
Thanks for the speedy reply, as always!
#4 Kazz
(2012-10-24, 16:36)gwegner Wrote: Hi, please try refreshing the previews with Shift-Reload! If this doesn't help, please check the logfile or send it to me!

Hi, I have the same issue.
I'm using Nikon D5000 and tried to use raw (NEF) file but didn't show the preview.
I converted to DNG on Lightroom and updated to DNG previews and metadata but didn't work.
And I don't know how to find log files.

Can you help me how to resolve this?

Thanks.

I'm using Windows 7
#5 Kazz
(2012-12-01, 17:23)Kazz Wrote:
(2012-10-24, 16:36)gwegner Wrote: Hi, please try refreshing the previews with Shift-Reload! If this doesn't help, please check the logfile or send it to me!

Hi, I have the same issue.
I'm using Nikon D5000 and tried to use raw (NEF) file but didn't show the preview.
I converted to DNG on Lightroom and updated to DNG previews and metadata but didn't work.
And I don't know how to find log files.

Can you help me how to resolve this?

Thanks.

I'm using Windows 7

I kinda figured it out.
I noticed the other raw files work properly, but the other files which didn't work were the ones I ran through photomatix before.
This could be a cause?
#6 Gunther
Hi, I don't use photomatix, but if it alters the NEF this could cause problems.
If you want you could send me one of that files so I could check: support (at) lrtimelapse (dot) com
#7 Kazz
(2012-12-07, 23:14)gwegner Wrote: Hi, I don't use photomatix, but if it alters the NEF this could cause problems.
If you want you could send me one of that files so I could check: support (at) lrtimelapse (dot) com

Hey guys,

Gunther helped me and this issue just resolved very easily.
The cause was I used Japanese letters on the file, that's it. (I'm Japanese)
I sent my log file and Gunther noticed it and I just changed the file name to English and it worked flawless.

I always don't use Japanese characters to file names but don't know why I used it on this file.

Thanks again Gunther!

Kazz
#8 jarofilip
Hi guys

I had the same problem as you wrote about. I couldn't see preview of .NEF and DNG files because it was not loaded. I tryed to resolve it myself. I have read oldest messages in the forum and it was very helpful . I read log file from LRtimelapse and error was written right there. My error was missing little application which is called ExifTool. I am running on mac OS X Mavericks. I found that tool on this web page.
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
You can read everything right there about it. I have installed it and restarted the LRtimelapses. It works perfect.

Thank you for your advice on LRtimelapse forum
#9 Gunther
You don't have to install ExifTool separately. It comes with the LRTimelapse installer. On Mac just install the LRTAddons from the LRTimelapse DMG, they not only install exiftool but as well the Lightroom Plugins and addons and the video encoder.
#10 jarofilip
(2013-10-28, 10:01)gwegner Wrote: You don't have to install ExifTool separately. It comes with the LRTimelapse installer. On Mac just install the LRTAddons from the LRTimelapse DMG, they not only install exiftool but as well the Lightroom Plugins and addons and the video encoder.

Thank you very much

...also check out: