• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Preview not updating when reading xmp to lightroom

#1 UniqueCaptures
When importing the xmp data from LRTimelapse back into LR do you ever have an issue where all the thumbnails in the library do not update.

What I mean is that ONLY the ones that are shown in the window update. If I scroll down I find that the others have not updated. Very frustrating!

I'm working on a huge edit (3500 files) and I must scroll 50 images at a time and wait for them to update before moving onto the next 50 images. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Steve
#2 Gunther
Hi Steve, that's unfortunately a Lightroom behaviour. Normally it doesn't matter - (or I got used to it). Just export the video and the changes will be there.
If you really want all thumbs updated in Lightroom, select everything and chose "Render Standard Previews" from the menu.
But in my opinion this is mostly a waste of time...
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 EthanTweedie
(2013-07-23, 09:14)gwegner Wrote: Hi Steve, that's unfortunately a Lightroom behaviour. Normally it doesn't matter - (or I got used to it). Just export the video and the changes will be there.
If you really want all thumbs updated in Lightroom, select everything and chose "Render Standard Previews" from the menu.
But in my opinion this is mostly a waste of time...
Best
Gunther

Gunther, this is the issue I am having. Seems like I have exported video and the changes did not apply?

Ethan
#4 Gunther
Hi Ethan,
you have to check if the changes from LRTimelapse have all been transferred into Lightroom! Normally they get, if you follow the workflow, but if you did something wrong probably forgot applying the transition, forgot to save, didn't read the metadata for ALL files in Lightroom etc. then you might get problems like that.
I would suggest redoing the sequence carefully paying attention to follow the workflow.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 EthanTweedie
(2013-08-27, 06:11)gwegner Wrote: Hi Ethan,
you have to check if the changes from LRTimelapse have all been transferred into Lightroom! Normally they get, if you follow the workflow, but if you did something wrong probably forgot applying the transition, forgot to save, didn't read the metadata for ALL files in Lightroom etc. then you might get problems like that.
I would suggest redoing the sequence carefully paying attention to follow the workflow.

Gunther,

Everything worked great, it is a LR issue. I rendered the video via export etc. Too cool. Did the Holy Grail with a sunset last night.

Thanks for your software, couldn't do it without you!

Ethan
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: