• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem importing photos into Lightroom 4

#1 jared
Hi,

After initializing, then adding keyframes and saving, when I go to Lightroom, I find the folder of pics to import and after trying to import then it comes up with an error that says 'no photos or video found to import'

This is crazy as I know the photos are there and LR Timelapse also knows they are there. Any ideas?

Cheers
#2 Gunther
Make sure to use the "add" option in the Lightroom Import dialog and check that the sequence is not already in the catalog. If the sequence is already in your catalog, just open it, go to Grid View (G) select the whole sequence (Ctrl-A) and then Metadata/Load Metadata from Files to update the XMP-Metadata with the values from LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 SamRhoads
I was using my Mac and my PC (separately) just fine. But now both machines refuse to open a new folder. I've tried brand new folders, but everytime I get a message that says "No photos in selected folder".

Could it be that the two folders have two files with the same names? Could it be that Lightroom keeps track of files by filename regardless of what folder they are in?

I'll try creating new names and see what happens.
#4 Gunther
Maybe the images are already in the Lightroom Catalog? Try using a new catalog if nothing else helps or turn off the duplicate check in Lightroom Imorter.

Something is definitely not right in your file handling.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 SamRhoads
Thanks. Obviously I have a lot to learn about Lightroom.

Sam.
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: