• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

qDSLR Dashboard and Dynamic Perception NMX controller

#1 Jamesparsons74
I have finally started integrating qDSLR Dashboard exposure control with my Dynamic Perception NMX motion controller. They work together well letting the NMX controller trigger the camera shutter and qDSLR Dashboard control the exposure, but it takes me a few minutes to get them to cooperate. They both seem to want to take over all control of the camera at first, then some combination of unplugging the tablet, turning the camera off and on, restarting the qDSLR Dashboard app seems to get it working. Is there is trick or secret to this? Camera is Canon 6D and connected to Samsung Galaxy tablet via micro USB.
#2 Gunther
Normally both are totally independent. qDDB will only control the camera, NMX will control the motion and triggering. Make sure to set the camera release time in NMX to the shortest possible value (I think 0.3 secs).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 AnnieB
Hi Gunter,

In the NMX app, do you mean "Delay" when you say "Release time" or the sum of Focus, Trigger and Delay? 

Thanks

Annie
#4 Gunther
I mean the sum of Focus, trigger and delay. Focus and delay are not need at all (0 would be even better) - and a trigger of 0.1 is enough.
Everything else will be controlled by the camera.
#5 AnnieB
Thanks.

To confirm: to do 3-way holy grail w Nikon D750 and D610 I need a hot shoe adapter? 

After reading some reviews of the Pixel TF-322, what is your experience?
#6 Gunther
No, you don't need a hot shoe adapter. Just shoot straight away. I usw and recommend the pixel tc 252.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#7 AnnieB
I mean when using the NMX and a slider?
#8 Gunther
Then the nmx will do the triggering. No hot shoe needed either.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#9 AnnieB
Sorry to be sounding a bit thick here:

I've tested the exposure time ramping in qDSLR dashboard and the camera is then shooting when the NMX is moving the camera on the slider. What if I would like to make sure that the NMX is not moving the camera when it is shooting?

So the qDSLR Dashboard will ramp ISO and Aperture, how are you able to deal with exposure ramping without getting motion blur because the NMX is moving the camera when it is shooting at slow exposures? The only way I have found to do this currently is to set the NMX delay to equal or more than the slowest exposure plus the time it takes the camera to transfer to SD card or put the NMX in slave mode and use a hot shoe, is this correct or is there another way of doing this?

I would like to be able to control when I want motion blur or not.

Many thanks.
#10 Gunther
That's exactly what the delay setting in the NMX app is for. If you want to awoid shooting while moving, you will have to set the delay to the longest exposure expected. It's exactly the 2 options you've outlined in your post. Either setting the delay or using a sync cable.
QDSLR for iOs
Roland
2023-02-06, 18:41
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: