• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

question regarding the Prores format on PC platform

#1 Willyao814
Hi Gwegner,
recently i've been uploading my timelapse works to a stock footage website, where they required photojpeg or prores format videos only, since i didnt know what a photojpeg format was, i went on with the prores format from lrtimelapse, but problem occured when there server decoding the footage, the server couldnt recognize the format, i asked around and the answer seems to be the prores format on PC is not a industrial standard, are you aware of this?
Also, for a alternative solution, i will render the videos with AE using photojpeg, but how could i get the motion blur plus effect with AE? Is the cc wide time effect anything close the MBP?

Thanks
#2 Gunther
Hi, I'm surprised to hear that they don't accept the prores format. It's true, that it originally only existed on mac but the ffmpeg implementation that LRTimelapse uses is very good and common and should get accepted by them. Maybe you try different settings (quality settings) in LRT and try uploading again. Otherwise just ask them to support that format, there is no reason not to do.

MBP is an effect that I carefully invented for timelapse processing, its a combination of techniques that is not directly available in AE like this.

If you want, you could file a feature request for motion jpg support in the feature request section.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Willyao814
Hi Gwegner!
Thanks for the reply, since asking them to accept the coding may take quite a long time, i found my best solution at this moment - rendering with prores then render the video file again in AE to generate photojpeg format, which works well, and i still get MBP effect Big Grin

Anyway, thanks for all the support!
#4 Gunther
May I ask which platform this is?
#5 Willyao814
Not sure what platform you are refering to - i'm running on win7 64bit with lrtimelapse 3.4.1, and the stock footage website is Getty images
#6 Gunther
I was referring to the stock photo site. Thanks.
#7 Willyao814
To be more precisely, it's getty images china, "motionchina"
motionchina.com
hope this helps!
#8 Gunther
Not really, I was just curious. I will see what I can do about photo jpg but this will take some time.

...also check out: