• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RAW + JPEG / Can the JPEGs be ignored?

#1 noirnet
Hi -

I've searched the forums for an answer to this, but no luck.

I normally shoot RAW + JPEG (M) on my Canon 5D3 for all my other work. (I use some other programs that actually use the JPEGs as fast previews instead of the RAWs) Sadly, what I've noticed is that LRTimelapse sees both sets of files, and doesn't seem to want to ignore the JPEG previews of the very same RAW images. Of course, we only want to be working with the RAW images. Is there any way to turn this off, or have LRT just ignore the JPEGs altogether?

Thanks in advance,

Hans Rupert
Director
noir studios
#2 Gunther
Hi Hans,
currently not. Please just delete the JPGs, you won't need them anyway.
Maybe in one of the next versions I will add a feature that offers that deletion.
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 noirnet
Oh, well - it was worth asking. I shall just set up a Custom User setting on the 5D3 to shoot RAW only, and add some other TL settings while I'm at it.

Vielen dank Gunther,

- Hans

(2013-08-23, 12:22)gwegner Wrote: Hi Hans,
currently not. Please just delete the JPGs, you won't need them anyway.
Maybe in one of the next versions I will add a feature that offers that deletion.
Best
Gunther
#4 FableBlue2010
Couldn't you just use the "Select ever n-th image" and skip over the jpegs?
#5 Gunther
You could use it to delete them, yes.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 spider72
Or you can use free file manager like Total Commander for example. Make it to sort files by extension name, then mark all JPGs in 2 clicks and move them to separate folder to use later or in other software for your previews if needed.

...also check out: