• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Removing planes from night time lapse

#1 soktober
I do a lot of night time lapse and I always remove planes from my frames.  It's a long, frame-by-frame process, but I feel a necessary one.  I was wondering what others workflow is for doing this.

My workflow is to take the frames, once they have been edited from LRT and exported from Lightroom, go into Photoshop and erase the plane lines using the spot healing brush.  I use content aware and the smallest brush possible.

Does anyone have another method that achieves good results?
#2 MDieterich
Hi,

I ran into the same issue last night when processing a night timelapse. What I did was run LRT and then export the images with LR. Once exported, those files are now JPEG, I took these JPEGs and individually went into Photoshop to clonestamp, or you can use the pattern tool to remove the plane streaks. Save the image and over-right the previous. Do this for all images that have planes.

Once finished, render with LRT to create a video without plane trails.

Cheers,

Matt
#3 panoramia
There are tutorials out there for Adobe After Effects that shows how to remove items that move accross a sequence of emails by tracking the shape of it. Maybe one of those tutorials could help. They work great to remove birds, so they could work for planes.

Cheers,
Alfonso

...also check out: