• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 brown_gm
Hello,

I recently have been taking time lapse sequences using Granite Bay's GBTimelapse. I save the images to the camera and transfer them after the sequence is finished to a computer for processing. I then attempt to process the RAW image files using LRTimelapse and Lightroom, in the usual way. However, when I attempt to render my processed images with LRT, the rendered output is a flickering green screen. Up until that point in the workflow, everything appears to be working fine.

I suspect its operator error, but in case its not, has anyone else had similar experiences? My sequences taken manually or with dslrdashboard process fine. The only difference is when I use GBTimelapse to take the sequences; then I get the green screen of grief after rendering! Thanks for any suggestions.

Greg Brown
#2 Gunther
Hi Greg,
I cannot imagine, that GBTimelapse does anything to the raw files. Maybe it's just that you are rendering in a resoulution that is not supported by the video player? Please try another resolution and/or player.
If that does not help, please send me a short sequence of 5 of those raw files together with your xmp files. Please use dropbox or wetransfer to send (support-at-lrtimelapse-dot-com)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 brown_gm
Dear Mr. Wegner,

Thanks for the suggestions. I made a pleasant day to night sequence this weekend using Granite Bay's GBTimelapse and processed it with LRT and LR. The only change I made in the workflow from my prior attempts was with the aspect ratio, changing from native to 16:9. The final video rendered nicely. I must have glitched something up on the prior tries.

This may not be relevant, but I noticed this time that GBTimelapse downloads the RAW files with XMP files. When I processed this most recent sequence, I scrubbed the GBT-generated XMP files out before processing the RAWs. I'm not sure if that mattered or not. It didn't seem it hurt anything.

Thanks again and I enjoy using LRT. I'm still learning the vagaries of GBT, but using it to collect exposures and processing the sequence with LRT and LR seems to be a very good combination.

Greg Brown
#4 Gunther
I always recommend to delete any 3rd party XMP files (same goes for RamperPro and similar devices). LRTimelapses Holy Grail Wizard and Visual Deflicker will do the best job for smoothing out any sequences.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: