• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rhino Evo Carbon slider and eMotimo capatible?

#1 richparry
Rhino will soon be shipping a new slider, the Evo Carbon. It is ultra lightweight and looks good. I'd like to attach my eMotimo but not sure a motor that the eMotimo can control can be installed. If anyone knows more, let me know.

The 42 inch version supports only 7 lbs, which is exactly what my camera and eMotimo weighs, so not sure it is going to meet my needs.

http://rhinocameragear.com/products/rhin...evo-carbon
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#2 Photosbykev
It will be interesting to see what response you get Rich, I've ordered the 42" evo-motion carbon slider and it would be perfect if the 3rd motor controller of the TB3 could drive the Rhino slider motor or another motor with an adaptor plate. Just waiting for delivery and then I'll take a look at motor options which may also increase the payload capability at the expense of speed.

regards
Kev
#3 richparry
Good news, here is the response from eMotimo.

We are working through that kit right now, but are about 1 month out from having it finalized. Are you mostly interested in timelapse, or a combination of video and timelapse? Once we get the kit sorted, we will be offering the Rhino 42 inch, in our store.

Brian and the eMotimo Team
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#4 Photosbykev
sounds like the slider will arrive here about the same time as eMotimo announce their addon Smile Very good news

Kev
#5 richparry
Photosbykev

The Rhino web site says they will be shipping Aug 1, I'll be interested in hearing what you think of the product and how you plan to interface it with the eMotimo.

Are you buying Rhino Motion?

I'm waiting to purchase the slider from eMotimo to assure compatibility.

Rich
#6 Photosbykev
Yes Rich,

I've ordered the Rhino Evo-Motion 42" carbon fibre slider, they have started shipping them but I haven't seen my tracking information yet so I guess they are working through the back orders.

I've got access to a full workshop so making motor adaptors shouldn't be a problem if I decide to use the TB3 3rd axis driver as an alternative.

Kev
#7 richparry
(2015-07-18, 14:44)Photosbykev Wrote: Yes Rich,

I've ordered the Rhino Evo-Motion 42" carbon fibre slider, they have started shipping them but I haven't seen my tracking information yet so I guess they are working through the back orders.

I've got access to a full workshop so making motor adaptors shouldn't be a problem if I decide to use the TB3 3rd axis driver as an alternative.

Kev

Kev,

The Rhino EVO ship date keeps moving, now it is September. Also eMotimo is discontinuing the TB3, I'm not sure what to make of this. I was really looking forward to using the Rhino and TB3.

I look forward to hearing of any success you may have.

Rich
#8 Photosbykev
(2015-08-16, 09:42)richparry Wrote:
(2015-07-18, 14:44)Photosbykev Wrote: Yes Rich,

Kev

Kev,

The Rhino EVO ship date keeps moving, now it is September. Also eMotimo is discontinuing the TB3, I'm not sure what to make of this. I was really looking forward to using the Rhino and TB3.

I look forward to hearing of any success you may have.

Rich

They are shipping the Rhino EVO units but I don't have a delivery date for mine yet. I hadn't heard the TB3 was being discontinued Sad hopefully they are working on a new version ????

Kev

...also check out: