• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

same folder order than in Lightroom

#1 Ulli
Not sure if I missed a setting in LR and perhaps it`s only with german language in LR but as you can see in the attaced picture the order of the folders in Lightroom (left side) is different from that in LRTimelapse (different sorting of "-" and "_").
Nothing serious but would be nice to have the same order in both apps.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 mopperle
AFAIK "_" comes first then "-" regarding alphabetical sorting, like shown in LR. Thats how it is also displayed in Windows Explorer. So maybe not a feature, but a bug in LRT.
Gruß/regards

Otto
#3 Gunther
Minus (-) is has ASCII value 45
Underscore (_) has ASCII value 95
This means in an ASCII-Sorting, "Minus" will be before underscore.
LRTimelapse does it right according to ASCII standard. I don't know, why Lightroom does it differently.

Regarding folders: I'd recommend to use the naming convetion that the LRTimelapse importer proposes (you can also easily apply it to existing folders via F2). That way, you will have all your folders in the order in which you captured them. That's how it's meant to be.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 mopperle
The OS (Windows) does it the same way. And looking at the Unicode sorting it looks different. Lighroom uses the OS sorting, like other programs too.
Gruß/regards

Otto
#5 Gunther
What _is_ the OS sorting?
There seems to be no documentation about that. See this post for example to get an idea what a mess this is...
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2320...s-explorer
#6 mopperle
I understand what you mean. But also understand that it can be a bit confusing, when in every app you work with folder listings/windows (not talking about the open/save etc. dialog boxes) you have the same sorting, except one app, in this case LR.
I didint check how it looks on a Mac. So maybe it got something to do with apps running on different OS.
Regarding "my" sorting I looked at this: https://www.w3.org/TR/xml-entity-names/bycodes.html
Gruß/regards

Otto
#7 Gunther
Unfortunately it's a bit more complicated than just unicode sorting.
Lightroom/Explorer/Finder also tread preceding numbers differently. For example
Code:
1 test
2 test
10 test
would be sorted like this, while plain ascii/unicode alphabetical sorting would do:
Code:
1 test
10 test
2 test
requiring leading Zeros to have ascending numbers (which I still prefer).

Anyway, I've tried to implement a so called "natural" sorting in 6.4 beta 5 which treats numbers as numbers and also sorts leading underscores to the top. Please try and let me know what you guys think.

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt...4-0-beta-5
#8 mopperle
Thx, will give it a try.
Gruß/regards

Otto

...also check out: