• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting Focus for a Slider Shot?

#1 taylorcaraway
I just got my first slider, and I can't wait to take it out. I did have one question... sometimes during timelapse sequences, you'll see objects that are pretty close in the foreground that move into or out of the picture. My question is... how are these people getting everything in the shot in focus? In some cases, a tree or rock will be just a few meters from the camera, but the stuff in the backdrop is also in focus.

Thanks for the help. I enjoy this as a hobby.
#2 fsms
I have that problem too. Maybe need one motor for focus.
[font=Courier]facebook.com/fsmks
twitter.com/fsmsadoglu
instagram.com/fsmsadoglu
vimeo.com/fsms
fsms.tv[/font][size=small][/size]
#3 Gunther
You might use a smaller aperture to get more depth of field, but you would have to take special care about flickering then (use a manual lens, lens twist or novoflex adapter). Another option would be the true holy grail method, see the tutorials section!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 panoramia
Hi Gunther,

I just read this post and saw you mentioned novoflex adapter as a way to prevent flickering.

Do I understand correctly if I say that these adapters can be used as another solution to fix aperture? I always disconnect my canon lens from the body but then I can change aperture if a wanted to. I have a similar problem but worst with my Sony A7 since lenses cannot be disconnected.

Will a novoflex adapter for Sony and/or canon solve the flickerong problem and allow me to have a fix aperture on my canon eos and also on my sony with its own adapter?

Thanks for your support
Cheers,
Alfonso
#5 Gunther
Hi Alfonso, you just need an adapter, that allows you to manually set the aperture by using a lever on the adapter. I assume, your Sony Adapter has an electronic, that connects the aperture. I could imagine that there might be manual adapters for the Sony around as well, but I have not much experience with Sony I fear...
Just keep me posted, if you find a solution!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: