• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shooting day long timelapse to fireworks show

#1 itstonyc
Hi Gunther, I shot a time-lapse from sunrise till mid morning, then stopped camera and left on tripod.  I returned several hours later to finish midday to sunset.  Should I process these as 2 separate sequences? I am having allot of issues getting everything smooth despite the deflickering, setting reference area, smoothing etc.

Also, another project, I was shooting day to night sunset continuous with fireworks show after sunset.  I kept 100 ISO, f5.6 and ramped down to 3 second shutter speed by dark with 5 second interval.  5 minutes before fireworks, I reset camera to 2 second interval and 1 second shutter speed to be sure I caught fireworks (did not want long interval for fireworks but needed it for sunset, clouds, etc.) Not sure if I id this correctly.  Should I treat that as 2 separate sequences as well and blend in Premiere Pro?  This is the only type of shooting where I have trouble getting smooth transitions.  When I leave and come back, or have to change setting drastically for fireworks.  Not sure if my method is wrong.

Thank you!

Tony
#2 Gunther
If in doubt, I'd do two sequences - especially if have a pause inbetween.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: